Best value mini board?

Hi!
I am looking to get a mini board to take when I don’t feel like dragging around my big board.
Do you guys have any recommendations?
Budget doesn’t matter much as long as it feels worth it but I don’t think I want belt motors on my mini board since I don’t wanna have to drag belts around with me.

I’ve been looking at Meepo Mini 2s ER with 105mm wheels and Ecomobl Mini.

3 Likes

Lets start with this. I’d avoid this one. That deck looks absolutely horrible to ride on and ecomobl boards dont have a good reputation for surviving for any length of time

Not a bad choice, especially if you’re looking for good range. I dont think anything that small will rival this range.

You can look at other options like the new wowgo mini 2 as an alternative, or the exway wave if you’re looking for something with more features like a hotswappable battery.

3 Likes

not a bad choice, but as suggested by @Evwan , check wowgo mini2 and backfire mini also, hobbywing motor is easier to mount cloudwheel donuts if u do plan on wanting more comfort ride.

2 Likes

The new 2S is much less stupid than the old meepo hubs! The older meepo motors have magnets in the sleeves so sleeves are expensive and also third parties like cloudwheel don’t make sleeves for that weird mounting. The new ones however have switched to a much more normal setup, and while there aren’t genuine cloudwheels yet meepo do make their own cloudy sleeves. The 2S is also the newer ESC

1 Like

the new motor design is better than the old one, but probably still isn’t the best. the torque rely on the screws to transfer the energy as the sleeve don’t seem to slide on any slot for more secure mounting, which isn’t ideal

3 Likes

They technically do, BUT using cloudwheels requires you to pry/peel off the glued on PU sleeve off of the motors and then attach the cloud sleeve. (Which is a pain)

2 Likes

Yeah I’m really leaning towards the Meepo Mini 2s ER with 105 wheels.

The Wowgo Mini 2, Exway Wave and Backfire Mini all seem to have a bit too small batteries and low top speed.

you dont wanna go above like 24mph on those boards anyways. theyre high off the ground and not particularly stable.

1 Like

I’d definitely go with the bkb tayto kit if it’s available at the moment. Or perhaps a bustin.

1 Like

oh yeah I forgot bustin, this seems decent but again not a huge amount of range. Meepo also seem to have quietly switched away from P42A packs to 40T, still not bad and better than 10S2P 18650 cells but not as good. Bustin have a sale on the new black ones, 20% off atm, they seem to be really good skate hardware and feel rather than the most unique cutting edge electronics

3 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of people do it and I would obviously be wearing gear if I’m going that fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm on their site they still advertise P42A :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah it’s all over the place, the sticker in the picture says 40T and the text below where it says P42A says 288Whr, which is 40T capacity not P42A

2 Likes

Meepo uses p42a

they have (and I presume probably still do for the hurricane) but they’ve been all over the place, even on new launches like the V4S and Mini 2S they’re claiming 288Whr instead of 302.4. I think they’ve run out of supply or gotten a really cheap deal on 40T, I have half a memory of an apology or clarification to that effect but I can’t find it anywhere

1 Like

What do you guys think about the tynee mini 2 btw?
I’d get the hub version if I’d buy one.

For that price you can get a tayto, which in my opinion is a far better pile of parts.

1 Like

Nope, Tayto is like $1300 with shipping to Sweden and I don’t think I want to have belts for my mini board. I have belts on my large one but don’t want to have to carry belts with me all the time for my mini board.

1 Like

If it were me and money wasn’t an issue, i’d buy an Omakase with the loaded x unlimited race kit.

4 Likes

way too short range to even be somewhat interesting for me.