Best value Hub/DD board?

there is only so much we can do after a product is brought to the market, or we might as well design and make our own DD :joy:

1 Like

I’d suggest picking up a Revel Kit, it’s a really solid board. Fits in your price range and it’s only 12 lbs, can go on most decks excluding drop decks!

I love mine and the DD is super durable

2 Likes

My Wowgo 3 was great. Used it for several months before selling to go diy.

Pretty shitty speed and range right? (which are my two main factors I care about)

Lol no why would I say I loved it if it was shitty

Range depends on rider weight and what wheels you select. But, the batteries are swappable. I’ve got three batteries and have never had a problem with range.

Speed, well you’re wrong again, you can go up to 30mph on it lol

1 Like

revel kit with a DIY larger battery could be a fantastic option

1 Like

Or just buy a second one, they’re swappable.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I have 3, my fiancee rides it but even when my friends ride it they get at least 10 miles per XR battery

1 Like

Sorry noob question but I thought these never shipped? I can’t find any site for them that’s still live and the thread here has a big scam warning on the front, maybe they sent some good ones or this is a joke I’m missing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Jeff did send out those neohubs, he promised its the same as loaded hub with sensors and would fit the loaded sleeves, but turns out it didn’t fit. some people who brought them basically had no choice but to run them with neo sleeves. i used to have a set before i sold it, they aren’t bad really, but u basically will not have more sleeves if they start chunking.

they were real at one point, but its abandonware now

1 Like

I might sell our Jetforce Predator prototype.
Loaded Hubs, FS VESC 6, FS VX2 RC, 12S2P 40T, 50km/h+ top speed 20-30km range, DKP trucks, Manta Pro deck, BB enclosure, Dope Grip.

PM me if you are interested in.

2 Likes

:point_up: and there you have it. I’d highly recommend you take that board. Worst case if you don’t like it it has good resale value. I think it’s safe to say Loaded hubs are a class better than Meepo and the likes.

3 Likes

Meepo still seems like a better choice to me, is gonna be cheaper, with better range and seems to have higher top speed? :slight_smile:

You can do whatever you like haha but I’ll tell you right now, direct drives and the swappable battery are way better than that board

Price will be a little more though. That’s the only thing the meepo mini 2 is better at, unless you actually want that tiny deck

Also, no, the range is not better. I’m telling you actual range with a rider on it, many riders, in fact. Meepo is telling you advertised range - that is never accurate. Top speed is not higher either, Revel goes 30 according to the remote but the remote reads slow and we’ve seen users go up to 32

2 Likes

I had a Meepo mini 2 ER. It was a fun little board but I got 15km range if I was lucky.

If I had the choice of Meepo mini or paying more for that Jetforce Predator it would be hands down the Jetforce Predator build without a doubt!!!

1 Like

Are the dualomo bustin hubs in this discussion? I have the Unlimited Solo right now, but I want more torque and the near 20 mile range of the dual hub on the dualomo without dropping way more cash on an upgrade race kit that will only get me 14 miles range.

with the 81a duro and 90mm size, comfort level would probably be similar to what backfire / exway is offering, however thane formula will give u different riding experience, so its hard to tell unless u can try both.

as for the torque, there isn’t really much u can do with a prebuilt board that doesn’t use vesc (vesc based esc).

range is also some-what limited by what the oem is putting in a board, iirc bustin is using samsung 30q, not a bad cell, but most esk8 company have already moved on to 21700 cell, which offer more Wh with a slightly larger size. 20 miles (32km) is doable with 10s3p 30q cells, but u won’t be blasting it uphill and full throttle all the way, there are trade off to be made.

if u get another loaded unlimited battery, that will get u more than enough range that u currently want. there won’t be any torque improvement, but at least u don’t need to worry about range anymore.

1 Like

The dual battery kit (Cruiser, race) is only advertised to 14 miles, I’m still more than apt to push that limit, and given the hills I’m around, I can use the extra torque for sure. Even on one hub, anything more than a couple of hills really sags the battery. The Unlimited upgrade is in the cards, but I feel like I’d still be wanting a bit more to fill my needs.

Also, freeriding the Bustin is akin to what I’m used to doing on my analog Sportster Pro, so I always wanted to explore that further

1 Like

ah i wasn’t aware they only got that little range. in that case, im not sure if its even worth the fiddle with getting the loaded kit to where u want it to be. technically u can parallel more batteries, but i would not suggest that.

busin v3 would really be a good choice if u r already liking ur analog board, the electric factor would only make it more fun to ride. assuming u don’t want any of those chinese hub boards.

1 Like

EUC fits the big boy caveat, Bustin allows me to shred campus and still skate. Honestly I can’t praise the Unlimited enough for their modularity and ride quality…they’re just a bit overpriced for the performance specs. I had a big comment on another thread about my thoughts on what their true weakness is, and tbh it’s their business model lol.

1 Like