Best narrow trucks?

I really love narrow trucks but most narrow trucks I know aren’t suitable for e-skates.
I have a small build with cal2 trucks but they are to wide for me.

2 Likes

How skilled are you in crafting ? Could adapt some really narrow trucks if you can do external belt or gear drive for example. Or go hub or DD. DD is wider tho.

@City-Blade-101 mah bro might have tips for ya :+1:t4:

1 Like

BN145s should be narrow enough?

4 Likes

I’m thinking more of 130mm, like those

3 Likes

So you mean cutting the truck or making mounts that fit to those trucks?

2 Likes

Surf-Rodz has a 127MM TKP hanger.

2 Likes

They look reaaaallly nice! Also really expensive tho :frowning:

Depending on the axle length you may be able to fit ~500W hub motors on narrow trucks if you file them a bit to fit the square end.

If you want to have more power ether use 4 hubs or you could do diagonal belt drive motor mounts. One in front and one behind the truck. You just need to get a little creative how you attach the mounts.

4 Likes

Following because I have some narrow bear trucks and have often wondered how awesome it would be electric.

1 Like

Pretty sure the Loaded hubs can mount on a standard length axel. I think the pre-built version comes on Paris v3, so could probably put them on most width of hangers.

6 Likes

Which hubs are those?

That would be the dream but they are also soooo expensive

There are several Hub motors with this similar design. It was just the first thing i found as an example.

1 Like

@Kev if you were hell bent on running a narrow single belt or open gear drive. Our DH truck can get to 120mm hanger width and carry a small single.

6 Likes

@Boardnamics 145mm hangers with single 6380+ motor on the rear heelside is probably good for your needs.

3 Likes

You can get my hangers more narrow than 10" caliber II by just putting the included spacer on the outside of the axles, therefore making them standard length skateboard axles. It would be an easy swap since you already have Caliber II trucks.
39mm more narrow than what you got.

4 Likes

When talking hubmotors then every truck should work, no matter hoe the motor is mounted, we can copy that far better.
So, if you go pretty narrow like 130 like you described, think about your wheel size first, bc 90s or 100s on 130 are just no.

1 Like

this

1 Like

BN 145s here.

6 Likes

How much axle space do the hubs need though?

I’ve been thinking about a standard popsicle stick deck with standard 150mm hangars for a super discrete electric board.

Also, does a quality hub motor exist? The narrower the better.

1 Like