Best full face helmet?

I’m waiting on that to arrive, it’s been on back order, ( was that the mailbox?!)
Also the sex panther penis pump, 70% of the time the emergency vacuum release works every time

I didn’t like the Pass. Idk why, just wasn’t all that comfortable to me. Thankfully I was able to return it.

I usually wear a Thousand Mips helmet (not full face).

I am getting a BMW g310r on Thursday so I just bought an AGV K6, it only weighs 2.7 pounds and is super comfortable. I foresee myself wearing the k6 for longer esk8 rides, especially now that I am riding a beast of a @Skyart board.

1 Like

Likewise.

The straps and upholstery felt really cheap to me. The buckle isn’t even the magnetic type, the visor doesn’t seal properly and there’s no neck padding to speak of whatsoever.

Honestly the pass is overrated, overhyped, overpriced trash.

2 Likes

I do have a massive head, so I’m guessing I may have fitment issues with the Pass?

I’m not planning on playing in traffic, I just want the best helmet I can get. I’m sure there is some point where you are just paying extra money for the name or the materials. I don’t really care about weight, just what is safest.

For instance, just going on Bell’s website, I can spend 1k on a Race Star DLX Flex, or 120 bucks on a Qualifier. Are they going to provide the same amount of protection? It looks like a SNELL rating is better than a DOT rating.

This is a pro, not a con. Old school buckle is superior regarding safety. See Why Motorcycle Helmets Use this Ancient Buckle - YouTube

3 Likes

The Proframe has quite a bit more room than the Pass.

Protection wise that is a big discussion.

And I am probably not the best reference.

I have mostly been wearing the Triple 8 Gotham half shell.

Because of comfort and vibe…

But I’m liable to loose my teeth any day.

I feel super safe with the Proframe though…

I would be more into something like this with mountain bike certifications and light and wide open.

I have not tried a motorcycle helmet myself.

Don’t buy helmets through AliExpress.
These are fake and dangerous.
Prefer ECE rated helmets since these are tested and certified by a third party and not just the manufacturer.
The new ECE 22.06 standard is a vast improvement over the previous one. One could also choose an FIM rated but this is essentially the same as 22.06 nowadays and unless you race motorcycles on a track where they will not let you go in without one, there is no need to get one of those.
Get a proper motorcycle helmet from a reputable motorcycle equipment store after having tried it on.
Not all heads are the same shape and the same goes for helmets.
The TSG Pass offers nowhere near the protection of a motorcycle helmet. The foam is literally less than half the thickness.

Here is my Pass compared to one of my motorcycle helmets

6 Likes

Maybe we are little out of question on top. But for me have no sense to buy fensi expensive helmet and finally afraid to crash because my helmet will be damaged. Also because of it I bought cheap but certificated and in Germany tested motorcycle helmet. It is little heavy but really feels safe. Best budget full face helmet for eskate ( Raven Airborne Split ) - YouTube

While I think this kind of thought are relevant in most situation, I think that most sane person is more scared of breaking its skull than its helmet

4 Likes

True. When I’m going 40 mph in my cheap helmet I feel fine but when I’m wearing the expensive one I’m afraid to eat it. (Sarcasm)

IMO a better point is that after a crash, you are more likely to not replace an expensive helmet (versus a cheaper one) even when it’s the safer thing to do.

1 Like

Isn’t that a good thing? Some people wear a helmet and think they’re invulnerable.

1 Like

I’m using a POC Coron Air Spin at the moment, and it’s been pretty good so far. It’s super light and pretty comfortable, plus being downhill (MTB) certified. At the speeds I’m going these days I’ll probably be getting a motorcycle helmet next however.

I love my demon podium but I’getting sick of bugs in my eyes when I’m going fast…
Is there anything mips certified with a visor in the 1kg range ?

If you like your current helmet just get a set of goggles, that’s how it was designed to be used anyways. I like my 100% ones but they don’t make a lens with enough tint for my use.

Or just wear sunglasses, that’s what I did for years and never got bugs in my eyes, I only moved to goggles to keep wind out when it’s cold.

2 Likes

I know you’re right but it’s so bulky… I wear the sunglass most of the time but I can’t at night

Little more about helmets. I was confused how people on FB thinking about MIPS. They are thinking that expensive DH certified MIPS helmets are safer then cheap but certified motorcycle helmets. MIPS is good to have, sure. Just for me it is not so affordable. Why? MIPS absorbing rotary force, but based on various helmets models , absorption can be from 10 to 40% for example. Because of this , mips is not releasing this data. So You pay 40% more but not clear how affordable was Your purchase. Next is that not each crash is finishing by rotary impact. Therefore I have cheap motocross certified helmets which Iam using mainly for office commuting in traffic and in high speed. And now bought better ventilated lighter DH helmets for summer trips.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Are esk8s are fast enough to need dual density foam?
Apart from stuff like the plutonium 2s I don’t think most of us go fast enough to warrant it.

How about something like this? Obviously you don’t need to spend $200+ on it but these offer the protection of goggles with the form factor of sunglasses while not being tinted.

If you want one pair for day and night, this company makes a set with a reactive lens which goes from heavy tint to clear depending on ambient light.

https://www.amazon.com/Julbo-Rush-Sunglasses-REACTIV-Spectron/dp/B084Z34KQ1

There are also much cheaper versions that claim to do the same thing on Amazon, I can’t find any reviews of these on 3rd party sites but on Amazon they have pretty good ratings

https://www.amazon.com/KAPVOE-Photochromic-Cycling-Sunglasses-Mountain/dp/B08YD52V18/ref=mp_s_a_1_20?keywords=clear+glasses+for+cycling&qid=1685455476&sr=8-20

1 Like