Best full face helmet?

I’m looking for a full face helmet, preferably with a visor. Any recommendations? Currently, I’m planning on buying a TSG Pass, but I would really rather not spend 300. I’m looking for the best-in-class noggin protection though, so if that 300 bucks gets me that then I’m more than willing to spend it.

1 Like

What sort of riding do you do? Do you ride on roads at speed through traffic for example? If so then a motorcycle helmet should be the minimum IMO.

7 Likes

bravo

7 Likes

Ruroc rgdx1

:stuck_out_tongue:

joking

1 Like

The Pass isn’t spectacular, but it’s light and comfy

Something DOT certified would be preferable if you can tolerate the weight or plan to go fast

1 Like

You can consider new olders.

And if you are in the northern hemisphere it’s about to get warm, I would consider a mountain bike helmet like the Fox proframe.

I have all three of these helmets and the Proframe is the most comfortable.

If you happen to have a giant head TSG and Newolders can be tricky.

4 Likes

If you don’t play in traffic… I bought one of these for downhill mountain biking and it’s what I usually ride in.

Super DH Spherical | Bell Helmets

It’s my 3rd or 4th full-face bike helmet and the most comfortable one yet.
It has a magnetic chinstrap buckle, which can be fastened one-handed, which is kinda nice.

1 Like

Like people wrote. Depend on Your needs. Motorcycle helmet should be most safe. Is it possible to buy carbon motorcycle helmet cheaper then TSG pass.Not recommended cool looking Chinese helmet.

1 Like

Demon Podium is a good budget option. Otherwise I like the Pass and the IXS Trigger, but they’re both pricey asf

2 Likes

Moto helmets are a bit heavier but much more safe.

Your brain/life is worth more than $300

I like the Icon Airform

3 Likes

Real answer is the one that is comfortable that you will wear…then the best one you can afford.

5 Likes

A TSG pass weigs 2.6 lbs, my Xlight carbon weighs 2.49 lbs, it is larger, but im used to it from years of bikes

TSG didnt fit my massive head. the XL avitar did

3 Likes

have you tried it on since DJj chickenstrips let some of the air out? Might fit now :innocent:

1 Like

My head grows by the day as I have to listen to @jesus

1 Like

First comedy gold award of the day, congratulations :tada::confetti_ball: :1st_place_medal:

also shamelessly reposting mu oh so clever cool guy picture
IMG_2558

No I meant this one

Helmet is same weight as a pass, obviously with out all my stupid add ons

2 Likes

I got the Avitar to be a larger alternative to the TSG.
What is weird for me is that when I got the Avitar it was roomier than the TSG.

But I my cheeks must have fattened up and I can lt wear the Avitar right now…
But am able to rock the TSG…
But hardly do anymore…

1 Like

I just took one for the team(like any one cares but me,) I ordered ahelmet off Alli express to see what turns up, ill update,im sure you will all be loosing sleep .

3 Likes

I prefer motorcycle helmets. Better protection, more choices, better value. Bell helmets is a great brand. They’ve been around for a long time. That really means something when it comes to helmet companies.

7 Likes

hmmm…
should we worry about these reference ads on the the alibaba product page?

:joy:

3 Likes