Best Electric Skateboard Wheels?

Ah ok. Thanks anyway

1 Like

Yeah you can use the 3D servisas calculator to determine this

Your torque will go down if you don’t change the pulley ratio if you don’t change it, but going from 36 to 40 teeth isn’t too crazy. Depends on how often you accelerated full tilt if you’ll notice it or not

Personally I changed from 16:36 on 90mm ABEC wheels to 14:40 on the 110’s, this basically kept the same ratio, but now since I run non-idler mounts, I can get belt skip on full accel if I try.

3 Likes

@maxmayer I piggy bak of theee smart guy…

Use da calc bruddaaa… is your frien…

Do et jus try n seE the glory it be…

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

Or don’t watevss u feelin…

Numbas r ye friend n stuff🌋

4 Likes

In ahravs case we be start to talk calc on text n then I end up calcin his shizz for him by accident :slightly_smiling_face:

@ahrav Es right tho, da calc Es tu amigo

2 Likes

Yessir I use da calc

1 Like

There will never be one best wheel set because requirements differ for different people and everyone’s opinion is subjective. To find out what would be the best for your use case, read some comparisons people have made in the Wheel Comparison Thread !

(Not much point reading about the old options, read from the bottom up to see what the new wheels on the market are like :slight_smile: ) There is a similar thread for pneumatic tires too.

2 Likes

For larger wheels I do recommend larger wheel pulleys.
The high correlation of teeth from wheel to motor keeps your torque and acceleration off the line.
I prefer torque over top speed.
So I run 14/36 on 85mm
14/40 on 100mm
15/44 on 110mm

1 Like

Ok I see. I’m planning on 16/36 on 85 and 16/40 on my bigger wheels. That will make the top speed lower correct? But it’ll increase the torque you would normally lose because of the big wheels right?

1 Like

Going there now

You running 12s or 10s and which motors?
Gotta punch it in the calculator to see end results.

10s4p dual 6354

1 Like

Torque… up the motor and battery amps. Currently running.12s, 247 KV motors, 18/36 on 85mm wheels. She is a bit too speedy. I agree but there is no lack of torque.

1 Like

So your 110 set up would be faster.

1 Like

Ok thanks I’ll look

The Abec11 74a wheels in 90mm and larger chunk often in my experience.

1 Like

Here’s my top 3
Blue canguama were my first decent wheels. They’ve been superseded this year by abec’s refly which give a smoother ride than the Orangatangs.
The windmills i use on the ‘wet’ direct drive board. Grip like a baby on a breast, on wet roads. Though I’m now looking to get the Shark’s 95mm for said direct drives, then I won’t need to change the adapter for the abecs every time I have a dry run. My only concern about the shark is the super wide contact patch and the possibility of being over weight wheels. I try to keep my boards light, efficient and maneuverable.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! However, I already bought my wheels!

So iv got 3 boards that use collecting parts for a 4th as a board to try things on to work out how parts are affecting the feel of the board and ride

I have
Purpul 80mm Kegel 83a
Blue 85mm caguama 77a
Black 107mm ABEC refly 74a

Iv got another ABEC pully spare what wheel should I try next?

1 Like

no abec, go kegel, and try TB110 72A, thats the last wheels u will ever need

1 Like