Best bearings for our boards...?

Zealous just got one of their bearings cease up. The community is investigating whether it was the cause of the catastrophic failure of the iWonder Cloudwheels / SR foamies. looks like HCH just got some new customers - are they from the ebay link earlier?

yeah from the link. It was 9.50 after taxes for 10 double shielded bearings that takes 3 days to ship… what else could I want for that price ya know.
Are you saying the unbeatable zealous was defeated by a cloud wheel?

Another vote for Zelous bearings here. I liked bones too, but they never last because they aren’t sealed.

If you have to patience to actually clean your bearings(I don’t anymore I just replace them when they’re loud) do yourself a favor and don’t use any of the spead cream or thinner lubricants. Use automotive bearing grease and you won’t be sorry.

Just spit in them and spin em right. That lubes em right up

1 Like

in my experience this could give her an infection

4 Likes

Used Zealous For years and will continue to. Absolutely no problems for years of downhill and esk8 riding (10 years now)

:open_mouth: You can read in TaoBao?

3 Likes

Translate does all the work

2 Likes

TLDR, what about 12x22mm bearings? Anyone got a good source?

Funny, I normally use my Hub motors, make a shitty belt from paracord and tie it from front L to back L and Fronti R to Back R motor.

Do a few Quick Spins at 30,000 RPM.

Breaks in bearings like no other. (also got a record of 6:47 seconds spin time on some of my bearings)

2 Likes

all bearings eventually fail that alone is not enough of a reason to avoid a particular reseller. that said, those huanchi bearings @PatRocks linked are reasonably priced and come from a known manufacturer.

1 Like

I don’t think HCH are a known manufacturer. Thats why I am as skeptical

NTN SKF FAG NSK companies like this are known manufacturers

6900 bearing from these guys are like £8-15 a pop

HCH sells the bearing for £0.30

2 Likes

i mean, they’re not in the same league as ntn skf fag timken, but they have enough pride to put up a website, make staff available for us to yell at, even post videos

their bearings may not be any better than the bulk sellers on ali, but i don’t know who makes those bearings

for now i can afford $2 to $3 a bearing so i’ll buy the branded ones from japan until someone does side by side testing. some kind of rig that spins them up until they fail, maybe

2 Likes

I recently bought a set of Venom bearings made by Yellow Jacket. They’re ceramic (Silicon Nitride) with Titanium coated housing. Haven’t had a chance to try them out yet, but I hit up the owner of the company when I realized they don’t come with spacers and he sent me a set of their Stripes bearings (with spacers) for free. Pretty great CS there.

Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072BBJBHJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image&th=1

1 Like

No country of origin stated. Cheap.

Capture

Haha lolol. So much for ABEC9.

Lots of “don’t but this crap” signs, but tons of engineering looking specs stated. I trust Pat. Ordering a few.

Thanks @PatRocks.

BTW my favorite bearings were Rockin Ron’s back when Silverfish was a thing. Labyrinth seals? Followed by Pleasure Tools (yes that’s a real thing). Oil rolls better, grease lasts longer, rubber seals worth the friction, and ceramics are fun but steel is better. Bones Reds are okay but die kind of quick. Using mostly Zealous now, they’re in a nice sweet spot.

2 Likes

Please do share your experience with us! I’m totally taken by Silicon Nitride.

1 Like

Man I’ve been hoarding parts forever…

The pleasure tools synthetic gel grease is nice…

3 Likes

RatVision’s Oust! Are they really as good as he says?

1 Like

Haha I don’t know I caught them on sale and have been saving them. TBH for electric, I don’t think you need fast as much as durable. Most of the nice stuff was for LDP, where it felt like every bit of friction mattered. My plan was to replace them annually rather than maintaining them (shitty chore). But I can’t seem to kill the Pleasure Tool! RIP the company :frowning:

3 Likes

Pushing on shitty 6900 bearings for SR sucks so hard.

3 Likes