Best bearings for our boards...?

It’s alright, i did it before, but then the grease literally exploded out of the V ring like a dude on December 1st

4 Likes

hmm should we be designing gear cases with ginormous needle roller bearings instead of v-rings? that way it can hold in grease better, or allow us to use lighter weight grease?

i don’t know what happens on december first but I’ve out it on the family calendar

6 Likes

I appreciate your arguments. Have always had my assumptions but I’ve been genuinely curious of a fact based comparison for some time. Must be my dense skull but what you’ve explained still doesn’t quite make sense to me on a fundamental level. Will just have to pick up a pair of your recommended bearings and compare them against my bearings of choice. I’m a hands on learner

2 Likes

Third vote for Zealous Steel :fire:

I think you miscounted.
We gotta be on at least 10

1 Like

i think the 10 others are zealous regular, not steel.

1 Like

+1 for zealous.

1 Like

Zealous Fellows, Unite!

2 Likes

The ones I have tested have high quality grease I cant remember what the base is. These are the specs of the bearings

2 Likes

Wow, how can we obtain some of these unobtanium bearings?!

1 Like

Well, it’s quite simple. You first go to the dark web, blah blah blah, some time later
…then arrive at the airport with a discrete triple locked titanium briefcase cuffed to your wrist filled with 500,000$ in cash, you with meet up with Marice in the white van parked behind amtrack pillar B at 12:32 eastern standard time sharp, upon where he will proceed to blindfold you and transport you to the undisclosed location where the bearings are stored and sold.

5 Likes

This is correct. The last time I changed my wheel bearings was around September, 2018. I swear by HCH bearings, use them in my wheels, idlers, and motors. Never EVER seen one get sketchy. Tried Zealous, tried bones, bones “race-reds”, fast-eddy’s, etc. Whatever the brand, the critical ingredient for longevity of a bearing is a CONTACT-RUBBER SEAL. Anything else will get schwifty.

608 version (8mm axel):

6900 version (10mm):

Edit: I feel like I’ve repeated myself

5 Likes

for mtbs. mine are from FAG

4 Likes

fasteddys are cheaper and probably better

False! Lol, could be, but there’s literally zero practical room for improvement from my perspective. As I mentioned, I’ve tried them. The “seal” was actually a “shield”. Perhaps I bought the wrong ones however… In any case, HCH are dope.

2 Likes

they are about 5$ cheaper than the zealous…
what was your experience with the zealous bearings, why do you prefer the HCH ones @PatRocks ?

1 Like

good to know

does someone have a link for the zealous bearings everyone loves? from googling them I can’t tell if they are 608-zz’s or 608-2rs’s

https://www.amazon.com/Zealous-Bearings-Skateboards-Longboards-Steel/dp/B00BL9VCRE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Look… There are a lot of bearings that could be said to be much better than zealous… But for somebody who doesn’t know how to determine that on their own… Built in zealous are reaaally fucking perfect. All I’m using right now cuz lazy.

I also have loose hub seats, and having to chase around a spacer all the time will lead me to more forum shit posting… Plus, if I were gonna use spacers, I’d only be satisfied using ones I hand lathed out of SS…

I’ve been runing fasteddybearings.com for motor and wheels with success

1 Like