Berseo - a sharing marketplace for EUCs

Hi my name is Declan. Berseo is a sharing marketplace for EUCs. We are building this marketplace for travelers and EUC enthusiasts.

We are making it easy for EUC enthusiasts to try different EUC models to see which one they like before they make a purchase. Also with Berseo travelers now have the option to borrow an EUC from a local host instead of renting a car or using a slow on street scooter.

I would love to hear the community’s feedback on this. Also we have insurance from CNA so all hosts on our platform are covered in any cases of damage or theft. I will be available all day today to answer any questions about Berseo or electric vehicles in general.

2 Likes

Sir, this is an esk8 forum.

16 Likes

Do you also offer esk8 rentals? Why not? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes
  • eSk8
  • EUC

0 voters

PEVs
  • EUC
  • esk8
  • emtb (electric mountainboard)
  • emtb (electric mountainbike)
  • funwheel
  • ebike
  • etrike
  • escooter
  • electric bikeboard
  • esnowboard
  • esurfboard
  • efoil
  • emotorcycle (incl. Sur-ron)
  • I suck, just show me the results

0 voters

2 Likes

Yes we do offer esk8 rentals. Its a category on our site.

5 Likes

Sorry you can only list PEVs

what happens if I ride to McDonald’s and the euc catches fire and McDonald’s sues me for all my money
:fire::skateboard::face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

1 Like

Every host automatically gets $10,000 in insurance for damage or theft. So if a guest damages or destroys your EUC you would be covered.

Are there any checks in place for people who rent out their stuff? seems dangerous to trust that some random person’s euc or esk8 is well maintained and well built. Sure, we all take risks in riding, but at least we know if our boards are safe or if some part of it is sketchy and might fail.

You mentioned insurance for rentees but not for the renters. If I rent a death trap with the expectation of it being safe then what? will your company pay for my hospital bills when a bad device fails catastrophically? You can be a professional rider but still get properly fucked up if a part fails out of nowhere, so you can’t shift the blame to the renters.

6 Likes

Is there a vetting process to make sure the PEV being rented is in a road worthy condition?

3 Likes

So it must be an electric pogo stick that only carries one rider.

:woozy_face:

1 Like

Should offer them at ski resorts

Yes. We manually check every listing to make sure it aligns with our TOS and that it is safe to ride. This seems to catch the vast majority of sketchy/unsafe vehicles but we also strongly suggest guests to check the vehicle for functionality before they accept it from their host. We also have injury protection insurance from CNA in the event that there is an injury during a trip.

1 Like

Yes we check every vehicle listing to make sure it aligns with our TOS and that it’s safe to ride. This process catches the vast majority of unsafe or sketchy vehicles. Guests should always check a vehicle for functionality before they accept it from their host.

Electric pogo sticks might be a grey zone. Seems like the risk for injury might be too high.

1 Like

I’ll have to contact the insurance company to see if something like that is covered in our policy. Would be a cool option to have on the marketplace.

We do EUCs & ESK8s. I forgot to mention both.

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that esk8 is relatively niche.

I assume you also offer escooter rentals and ebike/emoto rentals?

what regions do you operate in? just the states?

2 Likes