Berseo - a sharing marketplace for EUCs

Check the site. It has all those vehicles on there and says “around the world” so not just the US I’m assuming.

1 Like

honestly I think it’s cool and wish you good luck.

I think you should try to give as many optional insurance options to renter as well as good disclaimers that they are doing something potentially dangerous.

and maybe partner with repair shops to make sure the pev are clean and care about maintenance

2 Likes

What about an electric Penisaurus? Just primarily used stationary with the pogo going up and down in rhythmic fashion, controlled by your electro chemical response, to control temporary surges in speed.

1 Like

Do you have vehicle inspections prior to making them available to rent? How would you (or your insurance) know if someone had a junky board that someone rented out and claimed that it came back trashed for an easy insurance claim?

2 Likes

Very cool!

Do you allow aftermarket alterations not driven by science but backed by hopes and dreams and held together with gorilla tape to be on rented vehicles?

Do we get free wifi thermal transfer with our 3rd rental?

3 Likes

Am I the only one who wouldn’t spend £100+ a day on a onewheel, euc, boosted or any other form of electric transport!? :joy::joy:

Yeah but you can return it totally trashed with dead cells.

I also wouldn’t rent anything of mine to a stranger for £100 a day.

2 Likes

I would seal my deck with something because people might swap out your esc or batts without u knowing lol

3 Likes

You never know when your 12s6p could be converted into a 1s1p AA battery build :joy::joy:

1 Like

This is a big reason security bolt heads exist.

It’s like a lock. There’s no way to guaranteed way to keep people out but there are deterrents.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like they have any protection against that.

Apparently they think just photos and a listing’s information is enough for them to know it is safe. :person_shrugging: I don’t buy this in any way. If there have been countless issues with a similar servcice that is LESS complicated than how do they think it will be any different.

Air b&B is the company with the same model I’m talking about. It is a lot harder to make extreme changes to a house compared to PEVs and yet they still have problems. It is way easier to lie about a PEV/ make it look good while it isn’t actually safe

3 Likes

Only thing that’s safe is a padded room, and not even that is 100% safe. Maybe some folks just want to go out and live life, with the risks that it presents.

Following to see how this goes, I think it’s a neat idea. It could also solve some of the pains of not being able to fly with small PEVs, or wanting to try other styles of PEV before buying one.

3 Likes

Interesting. Yet you came to an esk8 forum and forgot to mention that. How fast were you planning to fly through here?

What about pogo sticks with electrically activated Co2 boosts?

I mean I couldn’t find a board with two motors, sooooo maybe not.

This is interesting though. People have been talking to me about doing this for years but I never would have on my own.

How do you protect the hosts from liabilities if their boards break like boards do sometimes and somebody gets injured because of it?

And how do the hosts get calls? is it an app like uber uses or something?

It seems like an interesting concept, but I don’t think I can see myself using a service like this any time soon just because of the risks involved for both parties. It does peak my interest for traveling purposes, but I think I would rather throw down the cash to bring along my own eskate than deal with a potentially broken/dangerous one.

1 Like

Here, on the forum, Something like this could work between trusted members.
In the real “legal” world? never gonna happen.

Car rental companies happen, so this could happen. Everything is in the details.

1 Like

casually mentioning pogo sticks when you cancelled me???

I’ve got nothing in the review queue. I have no idea how that happened. Nothing about the post mentioned in that message is in violation of anything.

1 Like

Wrong Declan :rofl:

1 Like