Bench Test Results: Lishen LR2170SD - 9.6A 5000mAh 21700…good performer, has bottom vent

Brah, it’s so hard to pull battery amps at 18s … all my 18s adventures, I am rarely over 30ish amps on hard acceleration up hills, and averaging under 20amps over the whole ride

5 Likes

3 Likes

Those are P42A. Naz lonestar has always been capacity cells.

2 Likes

I said Lonestar. Naz is p42a

2 Likes

They were factory set at 60batt amps 65motor

2 Likes

For an 8P pack that is pretty good use of these cells…bravo. Just have to keep them cool as their rating drops by 50% when at 35°C….barely above room temp.

All cells need to be derated as they heat up though, especially in a pack where the “local” environment means each cell sees a higher ambient temp. Lishen has clear current vs temp ratings in their datasheets, which is fantastic to see and critical for those interested in long cycle life for their packs.

2 Likes

The factory settings are good. The biggest problem I see is that alot of customers end up bringing those settings up. I’m one of them 🥲
Well…I brought my motors up but not my batt amps

2 Likes

Yea, customer adjusted settings are always a possible issue. But I would think that motor amp adjustments are not an issue as far as the battery is concerned?

And as long as everyone is aware of the tradeoffs for battery amp settings then it’s okay IMO. The big problem is that the companies never tell anyone about the tradeoffs.

You would think it would be great for the company’s rep to do so though…”they care about their customers”…that kind of thing.

I’m wondering how many companies really understand their packs though and know the performance and cycle life tradeoffs that can be made.

LOL…I’m such a pessimist

He does. Atleast whenever someone asks him how to change the settings. He explains that this is not recommended due to the batteries being set for a good lifespan.

2 Likes

Hot damn…that’s good to hear. So incredibly rare to see that being done. Awesome.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s done for liability concerns :joy: there was a guy who told me he brought all the settings to 100…“because he wanted to see what the board could do at 100%…”
100 batt
100 motor per side
100 brakes
100 smart reverse
Safe to say he never did it again and his board has been sold since

13 Likes

Bahahhahahahahha! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m dead :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m guessing the board Lacroix eventually brings to races will not have these cells…

And people wonder why I am such a huge fan of dumb (no user settings) BMS’. :joy:

4 Likes

I think the settings he’s talking about are in the VESC tool, I think lacriox uses a discharge BMS rated way higher than what they ever use

2 Likes

Never Lonestars. They pack a punch but are too heavy in comparison with Naz

2 Likes

Ah yeah, makes sense lol

@Flasher
I’m interested in how Lacroix welds these cells then. Custom cut nickel with holes for the vents at the bottom?
Would you mind maybe sharing a picture? ^^

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind but I don’t have any. But they are built the same as before. Cells are lined up for testing. Fishpaper on terminals. Placed in a jig. custom made nickel placed on top and held down by another jig. CNC welded. Then installed inside injection molded holders. PCB installed on-top with screws. CNC welded PCB. Screws removed and double clear heatshrinked. CNC lasered slots for screwed terminals and BMS connectors. Stored in trays for following tests before install.

5 Likes

Also, as a random side fact, I have the very first packs made with lishens in my board.
Still running strong and I’m not a soft rider

3 Likes