Bench Test Results: Lishen LR2170SD - 9.6A 5000mAh 21700…good performer, has bottom vent

I’m guessing the board Lacroix eventually brings to races will not have these cells…

And people wonder why I am such a huge fan of dumb (no user settings) BMS’. :joy:

4 Likes

I think the settings he’s talking about are in the VESC tool, I think lacriox uses a discharge BMS rated way higher than what they ever use

2 Likes

Never Lonestars. They pack a punch but are too heavy in comparison with Naz

2 Likes

Ah yeah, makes sense lol

@Flasher
I’m interested in how Lacroix welds these cells then. Custom cut nickel with holes for the vents at the bottom?
Would you mind maybe sharing a picture? ^^

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind but I don’t have any. But they are built the same as before. Cells are lined up for testing. Fishpaper on terminals. Placed in a jig. custom made nickel placed on top and held down by another jig. CNC welded. Then installed inside injection molded holders. PCB installed on-top with screws. CNC welded PCB. Screws removed and double clear heatshrinked. CNC lasered slots for screwed terminals and BMS connectors. Stored in trays for following tests before install.

5 Likes

Also, as a random side fact, I have the very first packs made with lishens in my board.
Still running strong and I’m not a soft rider

3 Likes

This is not a lishens pack but gives you a small idea of the general build

3 Likes

This is really nice, are you allowed to even post this lmao

2 Likes

I mean I’m sure if someone opened a lacroix they would find it

Maybe @Psychotiller will shut up about lacroix “building packs badly”

8 Likes

That one time they messed up has been carrying him mentally for the last year. Better put him on suicide watch now

3 Likes

Well it’s not something you couldn’t find yourself. And they don’t employ me so… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

How many amps do you do the discharge test to get the “4912mAh and 4938mAh” results?

On the chart, you only have 5, 10, 15 and they only reach ~4500mah

1a? or 0.2a?

1 Like

I do the industry standard 0.2C discharge to 2.50V for capacity testing. In this case that was 1.0A.

Note that the graph of mine that you posted only goes down to 2.8V. The delivered capacity (at any current level) to 2.5V is considerably higher for this cell.

That graph is only the “performance” graph for a typical use of the cell. Capacity testing is done separately using a different device (BK Precision 8601 electronic load).

There are very few applications that use li-ion cells below 2.8V, and often stop at 3.0V-3.2V, so I test down to 2.8V to simplify reading of the graph.

3 Likes

do you test only to 2.8v just to keep all your tests consistent and easier to compare?

1 Like

Aww….I was too slow with my edits…please read my previous post. :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes, for consistency and readability.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask… But I have an LSSS with lishen cells. My buddy has with the Samsung.
And when I charge, each cell group only goes to around 4.09v.
His eventually goes to just below 4.2

Thats a total pack voltage difference of about 1.8v
On most vmeters thats almost 15%. My metr displays battery % at 83 when rides start.
I know it’s effectively less, since batt v drops faster in the early discharge phase. But, still…

I have looked in the xiaoxiang bms app. And “single cell voltage” is at 4.15v. But then why does it stop charging before each cell reaches even 4.15v

Anyone have any info on why that might be?

I will ask lacroix too, but I stumbled on this thread in the process. Thought I might ask here :wink:

1 Like

Might be better on the battery builders thread but I think that might just be a misplaced LLT setting

1 Like