Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

just have one wire all the way front to back, but dip into the bullet cup in the middle on the QS8, then QS8-S use a 6awg wire

6??? no way lmao

I’ll get some 8 if necessary but 6 is so overkill

1 Like

for loopkey? why not, 6awg will fill the bullet cup nicely, so it looks good

but it looks so much better than 8

Haha fuck that, 8 is hard enough to solder as it is

2 Likes

10 is hard enough to tin, idk if I could even rely on my tinning skills with 8

I want to control my lights through this switch:

6 Pieces Rocker Switch 3 Pin Round Boat Rocker Switch 6A / 250V 10A / 125V for Car Household Appliances, Black : Amazon.de: Automotive

Can any of the electronics gurus explain how I would wire that?
“I” must have Front&Back lights on, and “II” must have Front&Back + Ledstrip

Thank you

I’m buying a vx4 for my storm core is it vesc4 or 6?

It uses the V4 wiring for the receiver.

1 Like

150x50 Inner tubes will work fine in 6x2 Clevers, right?

Such a small difference why wouldn’t it?

I dont mean to single you out as the Answerer of Questions. You’ve already been super generous with your time and knowledge. I’m wondering if you can recommend a 6374 motor, controller and throttle, then I’ll buzz off. I have a 36v lithium battery. I think I want my belt driven Flowboard project to be more torquey than fast, maybe 20 mph tops. Would I need a motor with slightly over 100 kv?

1 Like

First, look for a different style as that one is designed to plug into a module or housing of some sort and likely won’t accept solder. If you have another way to connect to each terminal then you will be fine.

This similar item:
https://www.amazon.de/KCD1-5-103-BK-Toggle-Switch-Position-Rocker/dp/B07TXBZ2ML/ref=pd_rhf_d_dp_s_pd_sbs_rvi_sccl_2_1/259-4126831-2807518?pd_rd_w=6YhUr&content-id=amzn1.sym.28461540-d419-4858-ad96-4e172e722a54&pf_rd_p=28461540-d419-4858-ad96-4e172e722a54&pf_rd_r=M506RFSJBW9Y2QAC5WGQ&pd_rd_wg=tMGa6&pd_rd_r=898767c7-a212-434e-b59f-74b76a563c45&pd_rd_i=B07TXBZ2ML&psc=1
Includes a wiring diagram for the intended use which is that the switch is an exclusive or switch. As in one thing is on, the other is on, or nothing is on.

Wiring is easy when you have the two things seperated as you said (one side on is for one thing to be on and the other side is on for the other thing to be on).
What I want to do (and is a bit tricky to wire) is that I want one side on to be for one thing to be on and then the other side on to have both “things” to be on.

Excessive use of the words thing and on :joy::joy::joy: only makes it worse

Well not to spoil your fun, but if you don’t want to create a circuit for that, you can always just use two switches like a boss.

What I am telling you is that switch alone and simple wiring cannot do what you want. There is no wiring trick that will accomplish what you want with only the parts you want to use.

2 Likes

I wanted to keep it simple and minimal, but the more I think about it, I see that two switches is the only way to go.
I’ll just use one switch for the main lights and then hide somewhere underneath a smaller switch for the led strip.

Thank you both

It’s not the only way to go, but it’s certainly easier than designing a circuit with a MOSFET (or two) and some resistors and diodes.

Play around with this:

1 Like

Will do. Thanks!

1 Like

Is it preferable to apply an adhesive backed gasket to the deck or to the enclosure?

As long as the enclosure isn’t ABS or something weak, like if it’s a strong fiberglass enclosure for example, then I’d use butyl rope instead.