Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

ahh maybe it was just the potato camera that threw me off

1 Like

Anyone know a good tutorial or settings for low end torque? I can skip out on high rpms but was wondering if low end torque can be adjusted with vesc tool.

Thanks

It is probably because it is very small to the point where even my macro lens struggled to focus on it. Still isn’t even fully in focus in the second picture even though that was the closest I could get to it being in focus.

Raise motor current & lower battery current

Lower drive pulley/gear/sprocket tooth count

Raise wheel pulley/gear/sprocket tooth count

Lower wheel diameter

Go to the gym

Add more motors

2 Likes

then take a shit to lose that last few extra grams

and ride naked

2 Likes

What if you were carrying a water bottle?

2 Likes

Clench

3 Likes

I try to ride without liquids as the forces generated create a lot of gyroscope-like drag

1 Like

Take a shit while launching the board off the line for a marginal boost

1 Like

like this?

3 Likes

Im 6ft 2 and stacked…

My ratio is 1:7… its a heat issue.

What’s your total rider weight? Can you cut down on grams anywhere?

Thanks a lot AC for taking the time to share your knowledge. It sounds like I should just buy a better esc. Can you reccomend a decent one for just one brushless 350 watt motor and a 36v battery?

Personally, I’d look for a second hand ESC to save some money. The esk8 subreddit would be a better way to get a second hand ESC but you could also pay more and get one of the many single motor VESC. I can’t give any recommendations there though as I’m more familiar with just ESCs.

That sounds about right. I’ve had it in my garage for a few years.

Awesome. Thanks!

Would you recommend a better remote as well?

He’s a pretty good scatboarder :laughing:

2 Likes

For ESCs you don’t really get the choice of what remote you use. It’s more of buy the ESC that uses the remote you like. Some can work with multiple remotes but those are the exception.

For VESC remotes I cant help since I havent used the one I have yet :sweat_smile: I am still building my VESC enclosure

Not really, almost any hobby ESC has a port or connection for PWM remotes.

RC people have been doing this far longer than esk8 has existed…

For example Moe Stooge uses RC ESCs and a PWM remote, no VESC in sight.

Vesc-specific remotes are strictly the UART type that communicates additional data.