Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

I can add Kapton tape between them, thanks!

Kapton tape is not fishpaper, but you do you. It’s better than nothing else.

4 Likes

Different materials have different uses. Kapton is not intended nor recommended to stand up against abrasion. It’s an excellent insulator and stands up well to heat but not abrasion. Buy some fish paper. The risk is real bro. Google what a Liion fire looks like and revisit your decision.

5 Likes

8th build. First set of adjustable baseplates so I’m back asking newb questions, haha.

@rey8801

Hammocks on a choo choo build. Are these angles good to start? Same front and back?

I know I need to tweak them but want at least a starting point. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes it looks about right.
ChooChoo decks is like between 20 and 23degree from and rear. The rear side is slightly less angled to help with stability.

3 Likes

Charger in the board then wall, or charger in the wall then board? :alien: Or does it not matter?

Wall. Turn on. Plug into board

5 Likes

This is how i do the charging things

4 Likes

Something about making charger voltage closer to what battery voltage is so less chance of sparks (I think)

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve never damaged a charger or a board by doing it the other way around, but definitely had some sparky bois

1 Like

Nice. So board turned on before i plug in the charger to it. Got it. Thanks! :alien:

Do i turn the board off after? Or just wait to it turns off itself after 30 mins.

No. Wrong.

Plug charger into wall.
Turn charger on at the wall.
Plug charger into board. (Which is off)
Don’t turn the board on

2 Likes

Ah. my charger is on the moment i plug it in to the wall, so got confused by the turn on thing. :smiley:
Thanks.

1 Like

Hmm. I always do charger in board then in wall

A wall socket with on / off button is safer

2 Likes

One of my 12s4p packs is always behind the others with 10-20mV delta, I set my BMS to balance a delta of max 10 but this fucker is the lowest all the time. Should I be worried?

That’s def acceptable variance between cells. Do u have an LLT bms?

Some of us live in third world countries

1 Like

Yes, using a LLT bypassed BMS

You can set the bms to static balance and leave for a couple of days but I wouldn’t bother w a delta that small.

1 Like