Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

@janpom may have some ideas.

2 Likes

Have you asked the one who created it? @janpom

Ninja’d by @jaykup

2 Likes

Brakes losing power for 1s on low speeds. Doesn’t happen frequently but I can reproduce it. Changed FW from 5.2>5.3, no deal. Changed current smart reverse > no reverse, no deal. Using geardrives so no belt slip, the power loss happens on both motors

Any faults? What ESC? What battery?

No faults. 12s4p. Also tried to change motor current and battery Regen, same behaviour

I did a few posts down from when he asked, but my pack’s discharge is 45 amp so what you are saying Confirmed what I was thinking so I appreciate it.

1 Like

Did you check faults after it happened and before a power off? Were both sides checked over usb using the vesc tool?

I’ve had issues where the mobile app doesn’t show faults on the canbus side, but usb does.

1 Like

I only check by app, I have to take the enclosure off for USB. Will try it that way.
Another weird thing is that if I set control mode to Current no reverse or duty cycle no reverse the motors acceleratate on their own with no input

The faults will clear if the esc is turned off

PPM remote? Deadband set ok? Did you run it through the input wizard?

Yes, configured my puck multiple times

I don’t think there’s an easy way. The ILI9341 drivers for Arduino of course do exist but it’s not a drop-in replacement for the ILI9225 drivers used by the OS DAVEGA. It surely is doable but it will require a bit of work.

1 Like

Ah it’s a puck

Check the potentiometer in it

https://forum.esk8.news/uploads/short-url/eBlJWjt9KieHhApsQK70GafeDBM.pdf

2 Likes

Do you have a metr connected?

1 Like

No, just a Bluetooth module.

ok, i’ll try to find if someone already did it … thanks anyway

Can you do TCP forwarding to send the connection to your computer instead of opening the enclosure?

2 Likes

Yes I can. I will get the losing power issue tomorrow and connect it to PC via TCP to check for faults and post the results

2 Likes

Wow the noob thread went all politically correct. Did someone get offended by the word noob?
Good news is is that I’m back now and everyone can just be offended by me instead.
Things have moved on so fast that I will be lurking in here till I catch up be honest.

14 Likes

I dunno man… I just lurk here :man_shrugging:

I must’ve been in the komode when the word noob became offensive.

2 Likes

Oh LORD this guy is back :crazy_face:

Are you bringing dickoz back too?

Lol jk welcome back Daren

4 Likes