Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Yes, metr pro can is my favorite way.

1 Like

Flipsky 6374 190KV.
Battery is stock Meepo Hurricane battery. BMS discharge bypassed.
Meant 140A from bat. Interested in how much max I can draw.

Probably not safely

Show photos of the inside of the battery, how the series connections are done, what cells are used, et. cetera.

Or maybe someone else knows already :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

That looks like a pretty robust battery.

Is that copper strip between the cells?

1 Like

Just on either ends.
This is in between. Someone had a weld let go.

On wheel chunking, particularly blue caguama;

I have 3 sets on the way to me, one earmarked for me, one for a friend, and one I can’t decide whether to hold as a backup or pass on the savings to another local rider. Do they chunk really easily or what’s the benchmark for easy here, need to have a set in reserve or is it more like a 1000km problem?

What I’m thinking is I’ll mount one set for about 2 weeks and if I absolutely fall in love with them and want them on another board, or I quite like them but get unlucky and knock a chunk off on some crap terrain, I’ll keep the second set. And then if there’s no short term end in sight and they’re not like immediately the only wheel I’ll ever use (which seems the most likely outcome) then I’ll give the other set to the other person. We’re not super close friends or anything but she’s very cool and has leant me a set of wheels before and lives and breathes her blue cags so I’d like to do her a solid if I can

I’ve repaired and bms-swapped 2 hurricane batteries so far. They have a couple of problems and there are some ways to fix them.

1. the cells are loose inside the spacers - add hma to these points on both sides of the pack
  2. the bms doesn’t balance - will probably be fine for some time, a balancing bms is advisable tho
  3. it’s a discharge bms - bypass for higher current uses than the original esc to prevent cutouts
  4. xt60 as discharge connector - use a xt90
  5. small wires for discharge and bad current distribution - use all 4 nickel tabs for the discharge wires and use thicker ones :slight_smile:
4 Likes

That nickel is def the limiting favor. Probably 60-80A assuming it’s pure nickel at 7mm x 0.15mm. 80-100A if it’s 0.20mm

If that pack was rebuilt, the cells could do 120A continous, or 160A temp limited to 75c.

Motors can handle 80-100A ea, but need a temp sensor as they will overheat if thats sustained for a few min. Stormcore 60D official specs are up to 100A ea motor.

2 Likes

Sorry, what is HMA?

hot melt adhesive - aka hot glue ^^

3 Likes

my road took a huge bite out of my blue cag around 200km, so it’s highly depended on what kind of road u ride on

wtf, then why they even need a bms?

3 Likes

A friend of mine rides only blue cags and hasn’t really had any problems with chunking at all. Plenty of miles on them on normal type asphalt and sidewalks. They get dirty and kind of a weird color but that’s all he’s experienced. I’m anticipating the same for mine but as you know (thanks to you :sweat_smile:) I have extras on hand.

1 Like

Wow, this is a total asshole move.

Seems “intentionally designed to sell more boards” if you want to know my opinion.

1 Like

How the heck do i create my own post??

1 Like

more read time, reply to a few threads, then u should be golden

2 Likes

Search and check if it is needed first.

4 Likes

@superjet700 cant tell, is this cell making contact with the nickel?

ebffa342f55d24c5a549d3e597db2fcee2ff0df6

2 Likes

Yea except im trying to sell me board :stuck_out_tongue: Il keep reading and posting until im recognized.