Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Looking a bit better now, is it best to rince off with soapy water after or just leave it now?

Yeah, used 2 sheets of mdf and a router to make the shape then laid it on the deck and filled the gap with expanding foam, trimmed it when dry to get a nice seat on the deck

1 Like

Never use alcohol on epoxy

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Do tb110s chunk really fast for everyone or just me?

They chunk really fast when I ride over smashed car part debris with sharp ABS and metal bits on the road.

Normal riding though I don’t get any chunking at all.

3 easy rides over Texas roads and I’m chunking.

isn’t texas super hot all the time? it’s probably the heat. something something thermal expansion…

The roads are rougher than up north, but still.
I don’t get the hype with these things.

90% iso quick rinse whencfully cured followed by cold water to remove blush. But yeah, other than that, never.

1 Like

there was hype when they were the biggest thanes one could buy… now though Idk what “hype” you’re referring to.

I’ve been removing blush with soap and water

I did that at first but i read somewhere a while ago that a quick iso 90(NOT 99) wipedown, let it evap, then cold water was a better technique. Tried it and have had excellent results so ive stuck with it.

2 Likes

When I tried that with 91% isopropanol, it made the surface cloudy and rough, instead of clear and smooth.

I almost went back and edited for that exact reason. 90% is apparently a hard cutoff xD

1 Like

Have you tried with good 'ol 70/30?

1 Like

Not personally. I imagine itd work tho.
Always try new techniques on a test block<3

2 Likes

naah I try them on my personal daily driver. it gets the most abuse so I can see things in their worst case scenario (within reason)

1 Like

So it appears as if direct drives/low kv motors have more resistance because of its winding scheme, does that mean that lower kv motors are less efficient? Because for the same amount of voltage and current, they should produce the same power but they don’t because the lower kv motor loses more power to the higher resistance.

1 Like

Trying to use a seemingly old pair of TB6355 motors but the JST connector doesn’t fit my vesc. Its to small. I’m having trouble identifying what size 6 pin connector will fit my application. TB’s website says it’s a JST ph 2.0mm, while I’ve seen Flipskys with JST zh 1.5mm. Anyone know the correct size I’ll need?