Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Please read the threads i linked and the comment i highlighted for you.

You need to get an old version of vesc tool to upgrade to at least fw.3.55 before you can use the latest tool.

Here I am, spoonfeeding :unamused:

2 Likes

you aren’t ā€œflashing down toā€. The firmware is the ā€œsameā€ just hardware specific but yes.

410/411/412 is a generica for every 4.xx hardware

while you are correct, he did flash makerx 5.03 firmware. so he should be good to go with 5.03 410/411/12 without going down to 3.xx again

1 Like

But that 5.03 is makerx, isn’t that wrong?

5.03 is only makerx because you loaded custom makerx 5.03 firmware.

Go to the precompiled vesc tool archive thread, download the 5.03 vesc tool and use that. Forget everything you downloaded until now. (Or download the latest version from the official download if you want that)

1 Like

Thanks Al, its much better being spoon fed :innocent:

1 Like

Ahh I see. Sorry for being slow everyone, I really value all of your guys help and I would be nowhere in this process without it.

1 Like

same goes for vesc tool.

Vesc tool is for every vesc, makerx, trampa, flipsky, focbox. What’s important is the firmware you select inside the vesc tool.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but that didn’t work. I actually forgot how I got an old VESC configurator installed even though I did it successfully after trying different things for over an hour, forgot how, went through the process and managed a second time, and forgot again.
But I should be able to send one for Windows 10 (I think it’s configurator 3.2 for VESC 5.xx). I’m not even sure if there’s different versions for different OS

1 Like

It only seems to have Vesc tool 6.06 on the website? How do I download a earlier version like you said @xsynatic?

Open up

6 Likes

LMFAO

When it brings you to the Vesc tool I don’t see options for different versions of Vesc tool, I’ve read through all those threads and I haven’t found an answer. You just love quoting don’t ya

Click em

1 Like

vesc-project.com only offers the latest version.

Precompiled VESC tool Archive offers you every version, new and old as long as someone saved and archived that specific version.

1 Like

I got it to run through detection without any fault, and it works with the Hoyt puck on hfi, but it goes like 4 mph full throttled. Maybe I got the drive ratio wrong or something?

It’s still on dv4 6.05 firmware though.

really-bitch-annoyed-face

2 Likes

really-bitch-annoyed-face

This is wild. Is this professor shartsis trolling us?

1 Like

The Beginner question thread will be split off to a current (2025) version in 4 hours. The link to the new thread will be posted when the closure is near.

6 Likes