Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Following up on this, I did find Nickel Strip (continuous rolls). Amazon has some that is advertised as pure but I haven’t tested. As well 18650 store sells Nickel Strip (continuous rolls) which is nice to see given that best I recall, they’re one of the more revered battery stores. Alas if anyone else was looking for a source. I wanted to post an update so its searchable.

I’d advise against buying strip of this size. You’ll have to build bus bars in order to have enough current capacity and it’s a labour intensive process. Look for 30mm or at a minimum 25mm width. There are plenty of sources for this on Ali. Alternatively, you can source it from 18650 battery club:

My vote though, would be a pre-fab nickel in the orientation that you’re building it in. Duck has some as does mboards. The former obv being the better choice as he’s a part of this community:

1 Like

Good shout out, you’re absolutely correct. I have 30mm stuff im burning through right now and didnt consider how much more labor would be involved with going to something less than half that size.

3 Likes

Possibly dumb question here, but what’s the max voltage I can give a meepo v3 esc? I believe it’s LingYi

Does it matter if this part of the matrix II hanger is broken?

I wouldn’t ride it.

5 Likes

This guy rides.

3 Likes

Yes, it matters. Don’t ride on that.

1 Like

It’s not even replacing the trucks thats annoying me. It’s removing the gear drives from the hanger… that’s always miserable. Shit…

File the high spots down when you install and use antiseize in the adapter?

Where can I get a hummie deck?

1 Like

From @hummieee

1 Like

It’s true. I should advertise. I have like 50 decks trying to sell.
PayPal me 130$ at humminashadeeba@gmail.com and add ur address on PayPal.

How do I get Hummie hubs?

1 Like

Thanks for ur interest. I sent them to everyone in usa and been taking a break and just about to start sending the ones I owe to eu people, but beyond that I think I’m done. It ended up a lot of work and money and the Kickstarter didn’t cover the costs. If u write me at the beginning of the summer maybe I’ll have some left. Or maybe I’ll have a change of attitude and get somewhere to make them in the future.

My hopes… They have been re-ignited!

1 Like

Lol you do know how long the last batch took right? And it’s not even been fully fulfilled.

2 Likes

I hear it’s worth it.

1 Like

This is a BN pulley right? I found one in a parts box and can’t track down where it came from, not really a problem but I don’t know if I have 2 of them to make a set and can’t find the order receipt. I’m hoping if it’s not BN that whatever it’s called might show up in my email search

I’ve found a couple of hits for “40T” in my emails, but those are all ABEC press/bolt on hybrid and I’m fairly sure I’ve accounted for them elsewhere

Edit: I found his brother so I do indeed have two, fuck knows where they came from though. My best guesses at the moment are that they’re just recorded as something else in a shop’s inventory tracking system, or maybe they came as a minor part of a forum purchase. @rusins did you give me them with the Boas by any chance?

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like