Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Is that a BMESC BM75?? Where did you get it? Do you have any PCB pictures?

Those are probably JST GH 1.25mm. You can confirm by measuring the distance between pins.

1 Like

Thanks dood! Problem is, it doesnt seem have to have actual pins, looks like little blades coming from both top n bottom. Got it from @frame maybe you could inform me what kinda piece i need in here? Or point me in the right direction on which vendor i could harass about this cheeky lil guy?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s 1.25mm. Give the JST GH a try.

1 Like

its jst gh with blade pin, that’s what the version with secure clip is design for

the top pin and bottom pin are paralleled to ensure even if the connector flex, there is still contact on either side

4 Likes

Oh lala! Thank you both! Then this one here should be a uhh zh, or 1.5mm right?

Maybe I should ask this here

I’ve never had that issue while measuring resistance before, and I don’t think that is possible since it should just give no reading at all if the resistance is too high.

Although I think you might be measuring the new pot incorrectly. The two fixed ends should measure the full resistance/ highest resistance of the pot which would explain why you don’t see any range at all. If you haven’t tried it already, try measuring the resistance across one pin to the unused pin and see if that fixes the issue.

You would add the resistor across VCC and sensor. Here is a very badly made diagram of what I mean:

You’ll need to adjust the resistance range based on the original pot and you might need to mess with the remote settings as well just to get it fine tuned since depending on the resistor you add in, the new pot values won’t react the same way the old one did.

1 Like

I didn’t realize what exactly they were from the photo. I look dumb comparing them to spacers lol

Now I know that they exist which might be helpful in the future

1 Like

@ApproachCautiously I finally got it

1. I was mistaken it wasn’t a regular potentiometre it was an hall sensor, hence the lack of variation when not powerd on

2. those assholes purposely hid the PCB under a layer of colored epoxy and used the red for - and the black for +
    So I had to burn a few before I figured it out

Well at least now it works, no need for extra resistors

Thanks for the advices :slight_smile:

Sounds like a Future Motion move

This is a crime.

2 Likes

Yeah, an atrocious one, I could have continued burning them over for months before realizing it was that stupid

I’m doing repairs on a quad motor controller rn and this guy used ALL black wires with no labels, it’s a nightmare

1 Like

Well at least you know you need to check everything

While when all looks like it is supposed too you don’t suspect that until it’s too late

1 Like

Tis a fair point, I spent the last couple days just ripping everything out and getting new materials to do it all from scratch

1 Like

Does anyone have tips for getting the wheel off these 3dservisas gear drives? I can’t undo these bolts by hand and there is no way to fit a drill in there, I am bending my hex set trying to get these loosened. I didn’t install these so If I’m missing something let me know but it should just be those 5 bolts in the back right?

1 Like

Can you take the axle nut off first and take the whole wheel off?

In the future, the wheel hub should be assembled so that the 5 wheel nuts are on the inside of the hub :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nope, It’s just as stuck with the nut on or off. @Skyart did the install

Oooof, there is no thread locker as far as I remember not sure why they so tight

So there’s no way to get the hub out of the way so that you can get closer to the bolts?