BeastOn | 11S7P PF | TB6 | CarvOn V4SD-XL 2WD

?
Wouldn’t a gasket around the seal and a rubber stopper port solve that right up?

those rubber stoppers are a pain and disintegrate over time

3 Likes

Or they fall out during a ride, your right. Well, good luck with it, will be awsome!
Could be even cooler if you found one with an led ring around the port like a Tesla charger port…

2 Likes

I’ve found it best to add as little as possible, as far as additional electronics. Less stuff to fail and kill other things

4 Likes

I considered ditching the BMS and external balance charging with this, but it’s too expensive to make sense

3 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Wiki] Connectors and plug types

9 Likes

Nice, but your motor wires seem way too long haha, but that’s just aesthetics.

1 Like

kinda yes, kinda no, it looks like they’re too long, but it’s needed for slack when turning

also, I didn’t want to open them up to run silicone from inside the can so I shortened the original phase leads and added silicone, i left the minimum possible of the original leads without it causing kinking issues.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: so much this

5 Likes

No worry with the motor phase leads snagging?

These mag connectors are on ali for a fraction of the price, I got one similiar to the two pole one you linked and it held what was promised.:slight_smile:

Edit: Okay the multipole ones are still purdy expensive

2 Likes

Maiden voyage will be in the morning :stuck_out_tongue:
Still trying to decide whether to skin or paint the lid, I will redo the deck as well to match

4 Likes

went for a few rides already, waiting on some longer bolts to accommodate increased height, still need to pretty up the lid
motor wiring finalized

4 Likes

Let us know how you like the carvon SDXL’s.
Still have a set sitting on the sidelines.

1 Like

they’re fast, need to tweak the breaks still
oh and very freaking quiet, almost scary how quiet

2 Likes

loopkey mounted

7 Likes

I like what you did here! You used bullet connectors instead of MR60/90 - makes the build so much cleaner! I’ll do that next time too. Where do you actually get your cables and shrink?

1 Like

bullets instead of xt60/90

I got spools of wire years ago, don’t remember where from, shrink from Amazon

1 Like

it’s even cleaner when you add some zipties :yum:
bullets are 8mm btw, fits 2x10AWG perfectly

5 Likes