BeastOn | 11S7P PF | TB6 | CarvOn V4SD-XL 2WD

bullets instead of xt60/90

I got spools of wire years ago, don’t remember where from, shrink from Amazon

1 Like

it’s even cleaner when you add some zipties :yum:
bullets are 8mm btw, fits 2x10AWG perfectly

5 Likes

Nice build! Would say its perfect in cleanlyness.

1 Like

rear XThing converted to bumper/stand
rear binding added, mouted through truck

2 Likes

I would say your deck could get damage if that was ever hit off anything + feel it looks wrong with obvious bolt holes sitting in the void.

A 3D printed part maybes? Or car door seal per the norm would be better with the x-thing on all 4

Ps: Anyone with ocd will hit you

2 Likes

lol getting a normal bumper around dat phat azz is a struggle, I’m gonna insert round rubber bumper thingies through the exposed XThing holes, so it won’t be hitting aluminum, also because of the rear tail curve an XThing doesn’t sit flat on the deck normally and that bothered me more cause that felt like I was damaging the deck

also the XThing allows me to maintain a perpendicular bolt angle, I dig into the xthing

3 Likes

Completely understand the x-amajigs are jewels. Bend it in a vice Max, a manly man’s vice not a desk vice. If you do it a little at a time it will work fiiiine.

1 Like

redid motor wiring, for the last time… I think

9 Likes

Lid finally painted, I’m gonna do the whole deck with the same spray
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/paint-finishes/air-cure-aerosol-paints/aluma-hyde-ii-prod1117.aspx

7 Likes

Quick update, now running on dual TB6 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Well it’s official, 4WD is happening :grin::grin::grin: Thanks @Bigkid & @Cisphyx
the only question remaining, to HV or not to HV?

7 Likes

Haha glad it all worked out!

2 Likes

17S that mofo

1 Like

I can’t believe you’re using the XL for 4WD, typically folks have used the SD for 4WD.

Following this build…

2 Likes

well getting your hands on 2 sets of XL is a major hurdle unless you got 2 originally :yum:

2 Likes

ftfy :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Decided to go 12S, will be 12S4P 30Q inside the deck and a 12S3P 40T top mount, making 24Ah total.
Gonna be fun :grin:

5 Likes

ok plans changed a bit, gonna be a 12s8p 30q with a hump in the lid to accommodate the extra 12s4p

1 Like

Oh no :open_mouth:

Man, are you sure you want the uglybox on top? LoL.z

2 Likes

It won’t be a box, just a raised portion in the lid
Raised portion will be about 40mm high

1 Like