Bay Area, CA Group Ride (South Bay)

We don’t need to go fast, whatever is comfortable for everyone. Just keep it chill.

@gcalli we could certainly do something like coyote creek trail. Another good one is starting near SAP center and riding Guadalupe trail which stretches all the way to Levi.

Another good spot is where @Shadowfax and I ride the most in Sunnyvale near the Google campus. It’s street riding/trail/parking lots, but it’s good because there’s like no cars on the weekend so you can ease into street riding.

I usually wear a hi viz vest and have a brake free light to pull up the rear.

3 Likes

Yeah, but you can pass for an adult in writing , and help you jr in high school with homework. Me not so much, plus I bust my ass to make 150

I want to gauge intrest and locations for us to rent a race track for a friendly practice session. There are some indoor gocart race tracks like Indoor Go Kart Racing San Francisco – Oakland, San Mateo | K1 Speed
im going to inquire how much it would cost and if its possible to rent the track for an hour or 2

1 Like

I’m interested, there’s also the outdoor track at Sonoma, probably much more expensive. Likely we should coordinate with BaeSk8 since there’s a lot of riders there.

1 Like

i emailed k1,im anticipating being told,“yeah,NO” but if we dont ask …

im also goint to ask about the searspoint kart track(I AM NEVER CALLING IT INFENION)

i worked on this,very cool

Yeah been to this one, it’s one of the largest (if not the largest) outdoor tracks in California

the big track is so fun on a motorcycle, i was on the carrosel (turn 6 i think) dragging my knee and elbow,living the dream (i am so fast) when a 14 year old girl on an Aprilia 250 cup bike passed me on the outside like i was standing still, i found out later she was hot shit racing prodigy, but the pigtails waving at me as she went y was very humbling . plus im 200 odd lbs in no gear, she was 110.

2 Likes

K1 got back to me it’s a bargain at 3400$ an hour for the go cart track ………

Thank you for your interest in K1 Speed ! The full facility closure will include all of the racing that will take place within the duration of the closure and the event will be completely private with full access to the facility. When booking a closure, we do have the ability to customize your race format and length of races so we can maximize the amount of race time that each participant will get. On average can race about 40-60 people per hour and we can have a maximum of 8-12 racers on the track at one time. Only $34000per hour.

Define email is rather long contact me if you’d like a full copy of it

2 Likes

If we can get 69 people that like $50/hr

1 Like

Holy smokes…I am in the wrong business

1 Like

perfect!

do you think he means to say 3,400 an hour?

Full email follows
Thank you for your interest in K1 Speed ! The full facility closure will include all of the racing that will take place within the duration of the closure and the event will be completely private with full access to the facility. When booking a closure, we do have the ability to customize your race format and length of races so we can maximize the amount of race time that each participant will get. On average can race about 40-60 people per hour and we can have a maximum of 8-12 racers on the track at one time. Only $34000per hour.

As of now we are available (with a 30 minute early arrival for registration and signing of waivers).

If you are wanting to add food and beverage to your event we do have catering options, I have attached the menus for you to review. All catering orders must be made and finalized 1 business week prior to your event. We also have room spaces available for rent if you want to have a private space for your group. If booking a full facility closure, the rooms come included in the cost of the facility rental as the use of the entire facility is for you group privately. Private rooms are highly recommended for groups having catering, a meeting and/or would like a private space to store personal belongings. Private rooms come with black linen table clothes and a TV. If you are wanting to add a bar service on to your event please note that all alcoholic beverage would need to be consumed after racing is completed. It is mandatory that the bar service is through our own private vendors.

Availability can change between now and the time you choose to move forward with your event. In order to reserve I will need to know a specific date and time, what race option you would like, a title to label the event as, approximate number of racers, and our credit card authorization form to be filled out and sent through e-mail or fax. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is taken for closure event’s. It is used to hold the date and time you would like for your reservation. Deposits cannot be credited towards future events.

Please feel free to either email or call me if you have any additional questions or concerns. I look forward to assisting you in booking your event at K1 Speed.

Very Respectfully,

Amador Rios | Sales Representative | K1 Speed

17221 Von Karman Ave

Irvine, CA 92614

Office Hours:

7:00am-3:30pm PST Monday-Friday

949-250-0242 ext 3004

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and constitutes information that is confidential and privileged or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender via reply email and destroy the original and all copies of this message and its attachments.

1 Like

What…if…they mean’t $340.00 an hour :open_mouth:

1 Like

ill never leave ,id be outside recruting people, “sir you and your wife car race those mobility scooters, we need 4 more riders!”

1 Like

I think you might be on to something there, I have seen parties or corporate events where companies or just a regional branch will rent out the K1 near me and there is absolutely zero chance they are dropping 34k on something like this, in fact I cant Imagine a single group that would pay that amount. After 5 hours you could have bought a property and built an outdoor concrete track on it.

1 Like

We thinking of a ride this weekend @surfnacho and I. Gauging interest. How about that Lexington Reservoir ride @EarlLemonGrab?

2 Likes

im out, both boards down. i broke a belt coming down my driveway, wiped out the garage door,carnage !
maybe nacho can tow me with all the extra POWA he has now

1 Like