Bay Area, CA Group Ride (South Bay)

Making a new event so that we can post group rides here, I don’t own the other one and the topic title doesn’t really give a location. We’re doing one this weekend Sunday 02/19/23 Hwy 9(?) I’ll let @Shadowfax post the details.

Tagging others who were in the other thread, if you can make it cool otherwise no worries. Be on the lookout for future rides.

@Stockster4
@EarlLemonGrab
@Skyart
@Sk8tedad
@poastoast
@surfnacho
@Cyanoacrylate
@gcalli
@Scrrunch

9 Likes

I’m thinking an out and back from Saratoga gap parking lot to big basin. Meet up at Saratoga gap parking lot at 10:30 - ride starts at 11? Total distance will be a little under 30 miles. Should be flowy and up and down through the mountains.

The section before this on highway 9 up to skyline is definitely thane friendly, but I haven’t checked the rest of highway 9. It is probably fine.

1 Like

Sounds good getting my board tomorrow

1 Like

236 portion of big basin way should be a real gem of a ride. I did the skyline to the sea trail years back and it was beautiful, but the constant drone of motorcycles was not cool. Kinda kills the wilderness vibe when you’re backpacking, but fantastic for esk8 lol

1 Like

If a talk about spending $ on sk8 ,i need punches to the face please

1 Like

I think this is where my boy Toby Hanni rides il let him know you guys doing this

1 Like

I sent @PJgoes a dM a few days ago
You seen him Artem?

1 Like

Il text him too.

suck i wying be back til sunmer lol

1 Like

oh no! im going to bring underfoot(pnumatic) im preforming surgery on crashy mc carve board,i DONT want to test on a group ride,and the thumb remote is a problem,i kinda cant get on the brakes well with my giant stiff broken thumb, not cool to crash in to one of you.plus IM EXCITED about the new battery,its worthy of the giant motors. now i need to think up excuses for why i dont hit 55 mph :disguised_face:

i am going to see if i can pay my GFs nephew to film me(from car), for the first ever SKP commercial. Soon there will be underfeet everywhere(underfeet,underfoot?)

1 Like

@Shadowfax have you checked lately? I live up on Summit road. We had quite a lot of weather events a few weeks ago up here in the mountains. A lot of roads took some damage.

There’s another guy though I’m not sure his handle here, he’s redwood boarding on YouTube. He cruises this area on a Kaly. If anyone knows him, might be good to check.

I’d probably recommend pneumatic for the Santa Cruz side of the mountain just in case.

2 Likes

Sounds like pneumies is the safe way to go, without finding out more. We did the base up to the parking lot last weekend, the road was perfect.

I think the 236 section is pretty fresh, but the highway 9 section from the gap to 236 could definitely have potholes from the recent weather. We will take it at a safe speed for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i got my board in the mail today, i was too tired to drive 5 hours to go get it, its taking me 2 plus hours to go the 32 miles from palo alto to orinda. Ayone need 5 million packing peanuts? Underfoot weights 65 lbs now(no more bunny hopping rocks ),its beastly! taking it out in a few minutes after i put on ALL the warm /heated stuff i own.

1 Like

Sounds like a beast, can’t wait to see it.

Put some water on em!

Should be a great ride! Unfortunately I’ll have to catch the next one. Have fun!

2 Likes

Maiden voyage

1 Like

Looks like my Devega might be optimistic

1 Like

It goes like a scalded cat

1 Like