Battle hardening motors

I am curious how this glue was applied in such a precisely small amount right in the corner, on these older BH TB 6355.

Now the motors come like this so it doesn’t matter but I am interested.

Has anyone managed to break one of the newer FS BH motors?

2 Likes

I’ve never had a return

3 Likes

With a long stick.

Isn’t that more or less what @b264 does?

3 Likes

Yes

I rotate the rotor at 1rpm the entire time it’s curing, and use a canola oil coated smooth nylon plug that I turn a degree or two every 30 minutes for the first 4 hours.

5 Likes

:clap: I reckon that device deserves its own build thread.

7 Likes

does any one know some good stores to buy motors in the EU?

1 Like

Alien, eu eskating, bioboards

1 Like

isn’t alien in the UK?

2 Likes

Thank’s
But the nexus boards is in the UK and I live in portugal, anything over 22€ gets stuck in customs…
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

That shouldn’t be a problem. I ordered from ben countless times and never had to pay anything extra.

We also have the 22€ mark.

@Anubis Shouldn’t be a problem?

1 Like
4 Likes

Last month, I ordered something from the UK that cost 10€ and it got stuck in customs… I had to send the proof of purchase saying the I paid 10€ so that I didn’t have to pay customs
Ever since the UK oficialy left the EU here in Portugal the customs are all over anything that comes from the UK

2 Likes

I’m looking for some 70mm or 80mm motors
I have a EMTB and I want some big motors for it, the one that I have now are 6355

1 Like

I actually ship out a 20 euro “drone brushless motor” so you should be okay

2 Likes

Yes, it got smashed into a bump/micro hill on a unpaved road if that counts. Maybe 15mph.

I like your perspective on things!

Would really love pics as it is the first I have heard of!

I am curious:
Has anyone tried using UV Resin for battle hardening?

And: how do you balance the motors after battle hardening? (this is what lead to the idea of uv resin, as I would like to spin the rotor as the resin, which would need to be rather liquid, cures)

1 Like

youtube.com/watch?v=-DMBpqUelOQ

1 Like

Right after i ate shit:

After i un-dented alittle. Before it was completely stuck.

The stator:

Forgot to take pictures of the can. It still works ok just missing some magnets so its uneven which id expect to wear out the bearings faster.

4 Likes