BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

GIF-220209_115521

4 Likes

Please, I am begging you, go to @hummmingbear’s post and click on the arrow to see what post he was replying to. There is no other @Fosterqc post he could possibly have been referring to.

4 Likes

Oo ok my mistake I didn’t realize u can click on foster’s name n that links specifically to the post.

4 Likes

A verrrrrry handy feature!

5 Likes

Sooooo….you sending it via PayPal or check? :grin:

6 Likes

Haha. You’ll have to stun me with something more first.

4 Likes

Speaking of Tesla this was just riding on my street. I think he said he was over the weight limit at 180. Brushed motor. I didn’t ask the cost but he said were all sold out and selling for 3x that privately. It’s battery was tiny n was empty in front of my place. He wanted to store his empty Tesla at my house. It had bad drag and he had to push it home half a mile.

I live downstairs and have no garage to leave it.

I easily convinced him to soop it up with the a123 batteries I sell and somehow make it brushless n use a Vesc and two way-throttle. It came with no front brake.

how do i send myself to derail jail?

6 Likes

Lol it’s all in the “are we talking about this?” Part of the thread. Cute atv

2 Likes

Do you have any of the fully intact modules? I believe there 12s4p? I would pay what you payed and cover shipping. Or if you don’t have the packs I’ll have to check to see how many cells I need exactly.

I have many left. These are rated higher capacity than any of the A123 packs they sell these days I believe. They’re 12s4p

1 Like

no cells left and all bought by @Ace and will get them out soon and tearing apart but what of these A123 bms I’ve been throwing out? so much stuff on the board. It looks like an esc and why fets? I’ve been throwing these in the trash but anyone want them?

4 Likes

I went down a rabbit hole awhile back looking for evidence of diy tinkering on those BMS’s.

Nothing then, I assume none since?

@hummieee any chance you have any empty plastic enclosures from the 12s4p packs? I like the handle and I want another one for tinkering.

2 Likes

I only have one left. If ur in the Bay Area sometime I’ll keep it otherwise sadly it’ll be in the trash, or at least the recycling, with like 40 others.

1 Like

I’ll roll by for the Portland carve event in June, but that’s late. I am definitely in the market for a new or used hummie deck enclosure that I’d happily pay new prices and shipping, this battery box could travel with.

Thanks otherwise :+1:

4 Likes

This sounds ideal. Cheap. High power. Great condition

Never seen this site and similar. Lots of lifepo4 which I prefer

seen better. 13S3P is a good config tho.

2 Likes

holy ebike goodness

2 Likes

I jumped on one of the 14S9P modules. I’ve recovered cells before and have 2 4 cell capacity testers, so this one is a no brainer. 20A discharge cells for under $1 a piece with apparently minimal spot weld residue.

Salvaging cells isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you DIY a board, you know the types of shit you can run into with these projects

I’ll check back in when it arrives.

Side advantage to the 2500MAH cells is a 10s1p pack is under 100 W/H and can be flown with on a commercial flight. That is my plan for a few of these cells.

4 Likes

These look to be a great deal

Unused 30Q for like 1.20$ each.

How much capacity is typically lost if they sat at storage voltage for 3 years? @Battery_Mooch

4 Likes