Battery sources in Canada?

Wondering if there are good sources for like p42a in Canada? It seems everywhere is such a ripoff. We have worse prices than Europe it seems with conversion and I’m only finding vape shops so I don’t know how trustworthy that is. Best price I found is ~$12/cell in canada do I need to drive to the US?

3 Likes

Check if 18650BatteryStore and Liion Wholesale ship to Canada. Also check Dash Vapes in Canada to see if they carry the P42A. I don’t think they’ve set that up yet but it’s worth checking.

1 Like

Yeah it seems they do and imrbatteries. My only concern is if fedex pulls their brokerage scam. I have no problem paying actual taxes on it but the brokerage is stupid high sometimes if the sending company doesn’t do it right (actually having a brokerage account?). I sent an email asking.

Are these guys affiliated?

3 Likes

@Flasher may have insight :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I buy my cells from BHU in the states, you get dinged for import duties and a surcharge for brokerage but in my experience you can’t get around paying 2x what Americans pay for the same cell. 30Qs in Canada are $6.40 for some god damn reason.

3 Likes

Safe bet is youll be charged.

@Flashgod224 would know better than I what FedEx looks like on import

2 Likes

Idk, I got charged nothing for a 2.5k order from Germany and then on a 1.2k order from USA got charged like 15% which was kinda dumb.

3 Likes

Any good sources for p42a in Europe/Germany?

1 Like

Imr has been ok for me. Sucks that molicel is a Canadian company, but don’t offer low moq wholesale opportunities. All the others the us uses should be good for us, but you’ll be hammered at the border. Few tips; if you call once you receive your tracking, you can specify that you want to pick up from customs. This really only works if it crosses the border near you. Another thing I’ve done that works well is call them once you know how much they’re gonna scam you and complain a bit. 4/5 times I’ve had them reduce their bs charges significantly making the whole thing more digestible. Or if it’s fed ex, let them drop it off, send you the bill, then simply don’t pay. Fed ex typically doesn’t bother with collections. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah too funny it started as Canadian then someone bought it and moved to taiwan now we pay the most for the cells

4 Likes

1-2 years ago batteries in Europe were the cheapest :smiley: Now they are the most expensive(or out of stock)… Batteries backfired quickly.

1 Like

Maybe Nkon, but I haven’t ordered from them in a while. I’d just buy from IMR and make due with the price honestly (as long as it’s not absurd) they are my only other source for cells that I buy from.

1 Like

Anyone bothered with driving to Ogdensburg or a border pickup in the Us? Not that I really want to deal with that lol

I thought the border was closed for us consumers because of covid

3 Likes

Bulkbattery.com sells and ship to canada too :wink: p42a’s at 6,08 CAD at the moment

2 Likes

Oh ya that whole thing oops

it’s open for buisiness but not for vacation and such

1 Like

Yeah and even if you could, you’d have to get 2 covid tests probably and maybe quarantine both ways.

1 Like

I meant buisiness like shipping truck, drivers most likely get the fast result test’s same for pilots

I ordered 200 model 3 cells from bigbattery. They were the cheapest 21700 cell 4800mah by a good margin and I don’t need high discharge. I emailed them to ask and they didn’t ship to Canada (about a week after I ordered they said they’re now starting to). I had to pay UPS to forward the package… I knew it was going to be $100… bummer… it’s almost at my door and I had to pay $100 for UPS, $100 for tax and $100 for “brokerage fees”. I had to pay an extra $300! #@$&#! I could have gotten legit cells like p42a for this price!! Don’t do what I did, but you shouldn’t need to because apparently they are now shipping to Canada :sob:

2 Likes