Battery PCB Files

What about the copper pads on the top layer?

They’re fine. I didn’t check dimensions because idk what your usecase is. But the pads will work.

The vias currently don’t go anywhere

1 Like

@Agressivstreetlamp

…help…me…

ordered some of these i designed and they did not turn out right AT ALL.

if you could modify the design for me - i could send something useful your way.

https://easyeda.com/esk8life.orders/batt-pcb-share

2 Likes

On it
Gimme like 15 minutes

For reference , the big pads are missing the top solder mask layer, the little connections are silk layer (ornamental) and Yes pads no problem.

Dimensions are ok?

@thisguyhere, do you want the little pads on the same side as big pads?

Here ya go. This is without an dimension changes. And all pads are on one side. Logo is on both. Those dimensions look a little off to me. I recommend actually measuring the cells and we can stretch it to fit.

https://easyeda.com/robinbochen/fixinstuff

2 Likes

@thisguyhere Also, don’t you want the Cells connected in parallel? See how Andrew and my one , the ends are one solid piece?

fukin awesome.

no i actually want each cell separate and then bridge it with copper braid so it’s not a fixed configuration.

gonna play around with it.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it.
Remember You need the solder mask in order to be able to solder to the trace layer.
Paste layer is irrelevant.
Silk layer is just for looks (paint on top)

2 Likes

I really liked the idea of this modular design, did you ever end up doing further testing? I don’t see it on the Duck Battery Systems site.

P.s. sorry for reviving an old thread

2 Likes

It was produced and they did a test run. Files are out there so you can order them yourself.

1 Like

I’ve got the files and everything but I figured if they’re not selling them they didn’t turn out that well? Or maybe there was a fault in the design?

2 Likes

space mostly imo. more work than just soldering wires too

1 Like

That makes sense, figured it’d be perfect for an air travel battery and the screw terminals would allow a more secure connection than bullet connectors

2 Likes

@Fosterqc got it about right. This was just an attempt at a fully modular pack for travel. The amount of labor to build them + additional space doesn’t make them very universally viable. Functionally they work fine though!

1 Like

Well that’s good to hear in my book, we’ll see if I end up going that route.

1 Like