Battery Pack and Cell Comparison Spreadsheet

I am sure something similar already exists or some may have made something like this for themselves, but I made this for me to compare all the different 18650 and 21700 cells and see how the specs of differently sized packs would be. And I thought I might as well share it in case anyone finds it useful in the jungle of li-ion cells :slight_smile:

This spreadsheet compares different cells, calculates a lot of useful information about the cells and battery packs built with these cells. Like, for example

• pack capacity
  • pack discharge
  • pack dimensions (glued or also if NESE Modules would be used)
  • pack weight

It will also tell you how much capacity or discharge you get for your money and will calculate a TOP 3 and FLOP 3 of all compared cells in terms of value (capacity or discharge).
In the cell stats section the best (highest) values are marked green.

Cells currently included are: 30Q, HG2, VTC5, VCT6, 30T, 40T, P42A

The sheet calculates using the bold β€œactual” capacity/discharge values, the others are just for reference and were set according to datasheet or nkon. Actual values are taken from Mooch.
Prices are in € as per nkon.nl (including VAT). Units are metric. But you can change all that in your copy.

Feel free to tell me about any errors or things that are missing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jtusHJmccSHwJysnAlJtquG7c6LREjNSkaAG8QIl8I0/copy

1 Like