Battery noob- board not charging to full

So my board is only charging to 85-87%

Bad cells? I know nothing about the battery.

I’m so bummed right now. It’s a @Psychotiller build but Dave hasn’t responded to me since July.

2 Likes

Since July? That sounds pretty recent

If you want and if you’re careful, you can peel back the heatshrink so you can visually inspect. But I recommend you doing it outdoors just in case

Orrrrr you can get someone else to do it but I wouldn’t dare touch a psychotiller battery because I don’t absolutely hate my life

4 Likes

How may cycles has the battery been used and how much current do you pull on it? Stopping at a voltage usually means either the charger or the BMS is busted, stopping at a capacity means the cells are toast

Jujo - Not responding for 3 months isn’t cool imo, especially when you bought a 2500 board. Explain the last thing you said? This board has literally made me stop esk8 because it keeps falling apart.

Dave was SO FUCKING AWESOME to work with in the start. Then he just kinda stopped talking when the motor mounts failed to work with my weight. I tried to buy a new pair but he no longer made them. Bought janux mounts and they are holding great.

Zach - maybe 50 cycles??
How do I tell where it’s stopping, and how many volts do I pull when doing what? Sorry, I know very little.

1 Like

Dave was cool at the start but he started loosing money and gave up being a decent person for a while

50 cycles is not many, if that battery is a 30Q or 40T (his cells of choice) then its good for 300 to 600 cycles before it is really messed up (down to 70% range) how are you reading the state of charge?

Sorry, that was meant to be a joke. 3 months is long as fuck. I’m not a fan of psychotiller as he’s fucked me over a couple times as well

Psychotiller batteries have been notoriously bad as of late, thats why I don’t want to work on them personally

5 Likes

30qs. Just reading the lcd.

What app should I use? I’m on iOS

@Psychotiller Any input?

1 Like

If you’re reading off a LCD then that’s voltage and either the charger or BMS is failing. Do you have a multimeter?

He won’t answer, not worth the effort

There isn’t an app that can help you, you would need a new BMS to be able to read info from the battery off your phone

If you are interested I can make you a pack with a smart BMS that you could read from your phone

Dave actually hit me up and he’s helping me. The old Dave is still in there!

2 Likes

Color me surprised, but he hasn’t been online here since September so I assume you’re getting a response on Instagram?

Facebook is actually how we communicate. In the beginning his service was better than Ilan/Metroboard, and that’s pretty much impossible. I do wish I would have bought a metro x. I hate dkps but I love the lights and shit loll

1 Like

This for sure ^^^. Dave makes some really scary packs.

If you have access to the bms, you can measure the p-groups at the balance connection. Just throw your multimeter negative on the battery negative and then go down the line of the balance wires.

He does this. He claimed my guy Andrew was too fat for his dumb fucking trucks that bend on everyone.

Definitely not… Glad he hasn’t silenced you forever though dude.

1 Like

I hate this so much.

He was so highly praised in the community, what the frig happened?

Why are his batteries sketch? I keep hearing that and am getting a bit freaked out

1 Like

I guess some have some questionable construction

some quite bad or dangerous

He used to be good, then the standard went up and he got lazy or rushed

Yep. Sucks. He was. He literally started losing money, then ghosted everyone. Then just moved to facebook and started selling again. I think some might still be out but not sure.

I’m just leaving the house. But I’ll try and find you some pics that keep showing up of his battery builds when I get back. They are worrying.

1 Like

I was thinking about buying one of his boards. Would you guys recommend just getting a different board?

Depends on what parts you are getting

• decks: they seem legit, the Khymera and Killshot are pretty good as far as I know
  • enclosures: kinda sus, they are just shitty ABS sheet that’s been vacuuformed, fine for light stuff but with abuse and a large battery they will for sure begin to fracture and shatter
  • batteries: I really wouldn’t, they have many blatant and glaring flaws and you should try to find a more reputable builder for them, we have builders in every corner of the States and some scattered throughout Europe and Australia
  • trucks: depends on the generation, the new Chamber trucks and Zero trucks look fine, but the older HeXL bend like butter
  • wheels: not bad, just really expensive for what you get, but he has one of the few 6x3 setups available
  • ESCs: he just marks up MayTech stuff last I checked and doesn’t warranty them
  • Motors: more MayTech stuff, not bad though
3 Likes

I am just looking for a solid complete board for around 2500. Do you have any recommendations.

Depends on what you want, Hoyt St is a good street board, people like @longhairedboy do complete customs, but you need specifics

2 Likes