Battery, Motors, Esc's...which is weakest link ?

12S4P Q30,…2 Ollin board 4.12 (80A,60v)Vesc’s, (2) 6374 maytech motors ,no BMS.

Am i getting Full pontential out of these 2 motors ?

…I know the 4P should be able to provide 80 Amp.

…I know Motor Amps vs Battery Amps vs Cycle work in a very complicated manner.

??

1 Like

Depends on your settings, but probably not with vesc 4xxx hardware.

4 Likes

I say otherwise IF they are properly cooled.
*keeping the 4.12 limits in mind.

If not, the 4.12 is the weakest link due to the produced heat resulting in throttling.

1 Like

The vescs are the weak point.

Most tend to avoid running 12S on 4.12 vescs as well

3 Likes

These ollin vesc are good for 80A… and they’re taking only half the load each since I have 2…

If you’re running 80A @ 12S on a 4.12 based VESC you’re in for a super shitty time

5 Likes

2 Likes

The board runs awesome I just wonder if the battery is the bottleneck

1 Like

You asked what is the weakest link. If you want to ignore everyone else answer and advice then don’t ask a question like that.

Now if you’re asking for maximum potential, then that’s a completely different question

3 Likes

Should be fine on Ollins 4.12, not sure about the 80A part though, Ollins 4.12’s were ditect-fet 4.12’s with a beefy heatsink

Was often as highly regarded as focboxes

5 Likes

You need to turn the battery max regen wayyyy down. probably to -8 amps

4 Likes

LMAO, does this board even turn? channel truck at 20 degrees? I hope you are blasting the song “move bitch, get out the way” while you are riding.

3 Likes

there is a wedge that you cant see.it’s30°… not as Twitchy as a trampa at high speed

1 Like

What deck this is?

Diy

added an extra coat of carbon fibre on the bottom

4 Likes

I didn’t say I was running them at 80A …I said they’re good for 80A and 60V…and I have 2 of them on 1 battery so I think I’m fine

ollin vesc are good for 13S

Because battery max regen isnt braking strength, its the returned current that recharges your battery. Are you going to be charging your battery at 80 amps?

1 Like

Say whaaaaa?
Do you have a deck-building thread? I would love to how you pressed that deck with them compound curves and all :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t press that, I bought it like that , and shapped it to my preference