Battery charging Module Hurricane

50.3 is still perfectly acceptable for a 12s pack, probably just the pcb is acting up

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s the pcb. The voltage seems kinda low, idk if it’s safe to say with the voltage or if 49 is perfectly fine.

The thin I’m sure about is that it sparked pretty hard when I plugged in the charger on the day it broke.

1 Like

That’s the inrush due to huge voltage difference, how low was ur battery when u plug it in?

On the last Bar of the Board Battery on the Remote. But when I measured it today, it was on 40 when measuring with the multimeter.

Hmm it should still be ok, but I will let battery expert chime in

Could that be what this board is supposed to do?

2 Likes

It’s possible. I reached out to my friend who is close to meepo, but it’s like the middle of the night there

2 Likes

It’s the charge port antispark. Ypu can bypass it but probably shouldn’t

3 Likes

:flushed:

The general opinion around this forum is that using a antispark on the charger is kinda unnecessery if I remember correctly?

Thanks for asking Evwan! :slight_smile:

Yeah. But I believe there’s quite a bit of capacitance somewhere in the circuit, so if you bypass it the charge port may spark every time you plug it in.

1 Like

Could it be that it’s in the board to protect the charger? :thinking:

It’s very possible. The hurricane comes with a fast charger. Whatever it is, it’s a shame there’s another point of failure.

well, i was gonna wire the metroboard charge port to the battery and use the original charger, looks like im gonna need another YZ charger :joy:

The flipside is that your battery and charger are protected

Hey guys, today meepo told me that they will send me my replacement stuff (the charging module and the charger itself) on the 1. march so it’s gonna take a while till I could ride this board again…
i still have a charging port laying around and a 1,5A charger.
It shouldn’t be a problem to charge the hurricane battery with that charger right?

What voltage is your charger?

1 Like

Its 42V

Meepo hurricane is a 12s board. You need a 50.4v charger…

a 42v charger will charge that battery to like 20%.

1 Like

Oh makes sense! Thanks dude.
So my hurricane charger outputs 50.3 V so that’s why meepo will send me a new one. Do you think that it’s dangerous to use that charger at the moment?