Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck

How much pricier is P45B right now? I remember it being a pretty bad difference awhile back LOL.

Its not bad only like 3-4usd per cell more depeding on the quantity

2 Likes

What the duck is that?!?

That’s my new pack, needed a bit more range, I’m just trying to find an enclosure for it now.

What do you use to weld the copper stuff?

I would really really really love to see an A/B comparison between a pack built with these and a pack built with just nickel.

4 Likes

What deck are you using with that monstrosity?

He’s actually just slapping a sheet of plywood ontop of it and using the battery as the deck.

2 Likes

I know you’re joking but that unironically sounds like the Painkiller by @michondr

almost enough juice for @Takachi14 to make a 3 block trip

3 Likes

The only guy with more cells in his board than this pack, 44 more to be exact if my math is right

+1 to this. What are the benefits here very curious. And would you then sell these for pack makers?

Copper carries current better than nickel. It’ll be beneficial in some packs that don’t have enough cross section of nickel to have a good current carrying headroom. Some packs have all the cross section and current carrying that you’ll ever need as is with nickel.
One down side is copper corrodes more easily than nickel.
At least thats ny understanding.

3 Likes

Yeah much easier, since nickel can’t corrode

Copper is highly corrode-able if exposed to moisture/atmosphere, without any kind of coating

4 Likes

Nickel plated laser cut copper?

1 Like

IMO, the corrosion issue is ovestated as the copper will be in an enclosure where moisture etc… will be intentionally accounted for. I think the only real application for these is in a brick pack orientation. Flat packs already use silicone copper wire to do the heavy lifting.

What I’d be interested to see is two identical brick batteries- one constructed with nickel and one with these bus bars- tested under identical load to see how much more, if at all, the nickel pack sags.

4 Likes

Agreed. If the copper is corroding you’ve got other much more serious problems to deal with.

The spot welds themselves, I believe, are a gas tight connection too. There shouldn’t be corrosion forming in the weld it self unless it’s actually being eaten away from the outside edges. Again, you have other much more serious issues if this is happening.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t really think it will corrode either but it is something you don’t have to worry about with nickel. I think the main thing would be lower resistance and higher current capability, which may result in less heating under load

2 Likes

Less heat, less sag theoretically. Would be interesting to see what happens IRL tho

2 Likes

Those cables are thicker than my dick. Less curly though.