Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck

Which video?

The one I replied to. Then again, in some clips it looks accurate, so :man_shrugging:
Edit: had my imperial to metric math wrong, feel free to ignore me

1 Like

Not sure which video, but I only have one video on my channel that I am not sure about accuracy of speed, it’s a video with TBDDxls those things have something crazy like 28poles :smile: everything else should be pretty accurate I always double check

1 Like

this one

1 Like

Oh yeah, so that video I had the Ultra(or whatever the highest setting is) smooth function activated on the hero 10…TOOO SMOOTH! Lol you can see in the next video I posted with the same board that function has been dialled back down to medium and the board looks faster at 15mph than it did in the previous video at like 40 :joy:

This is the video with the smoothing dialed back

1 Like

Haha yeah. And they only had us use one of the four chairs, so we didn’t really get to run the full train. Stay tuned, in March we will run all four (with three additional actors :smiley:)

Also The pack was perfect, so thank you! And sorry for the short notice, Disney is like that :grimacing:

3 Likes

Funnily enough they didn’t have me sign one during the whole build process, but I was explicitly asked not to talk much about it.

While I was there I had to sign more than one.

On the last day (odly didn’t have us sign one that day), I almost got a photo with Gal Gator. She seemed cool with it, but security shut that down instantly.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This thread needs some love, I still build batteries in case anyone is wondering.

And this just came in!!

Molicel P45b cells are in stock!

I feel like this is one of the craziest changes we have had recently in our PEV world, we can make small EVEN more powerful batteries with these…or massive even more powerful batteries

:flushed::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::sob::fire::fire::fire::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: I AM SO EXCITED!!

P45b batteries will be available on the website starting later this week, the prices will be nearly double I think of what an equivalent p42a pack costs, but this is at the moment dictated by the premium we have to pay for these cells.

My first pack will be a 12s4p going into an evo on 3links
I am so excited!

8 Likes

My god lol double for like 20% performance increase - I hope the prices go down on the cells in the next year haha

5 Likes

I hope they do, I think it’s more then just the performance increase, ability to charge faster, less voltage sag, more range, if we compare a 12s4p p42a to p45b, you literally get more of everything, it’s better in every way, it’s not just choosing between more range or more power, it’s just better in every way if you take advantage of all the performance they offer. And I am also really excited for small builds like 18s2p or 12s3p I think this is incredible!!! In my option well worth the added cost.

3 Likes

Is there any reason to buy the new p45b over the epoch re-skins of the cell? Or can anyone tell me more why the epoch ones are cheaper? Do they just have a few cycles on them? Or are they going to have a mystery number of cycles or something bad like that? Thinking of going with p45b for my next battery build, but I’m not sure the double price would be worth it.

Yeah not sure about what the deal is. They seem to be genuine p45b but I don’t know still feels a bit sketch to me.

Being rewraps that doesn’t guarantee their brand new I don’t think? Or not b grades potentially. Maybe @Battery_Mooch has some insight. I believe he tested a couple that were sent tk him.

hehe my old evo getting treated right. Came a long way from the indignity I subjected it to.

This is how I learned that I prefer a deck with flex and long standing platform (not the evo lol).

2 Likes

DIY at its finest

2 Likes

I tested these recently for my Patreon supporters and should be posting the results publicly in a week or two.

3 Likes

Having a vendor you can trust is critical.
I trust 18650BatteryStore. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I should update this thread more often

Yes i still make packs, now a days its kind of crazy what we make

Here is a 10s34p molicel p45b battery with 4/0 discharge cables

And a banana for scale

And a pic of another one that is almost done being welded

As far as esk8 batteries go, i am extremy excited to start testing these

This is resistance welder weldable copper tabs!!!

Small improvemts to battery quality to get us better perfoemance!!!

:fire::100::boom::fire::fire:

10 Likes

I hope more people start using p45b as cell prices come down…you can actually feel the differnace in performace, this 18s6p in there is downright a dream :smiling_face_with_tear::fire::100::heart_eyes:

11 Likes