Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck

I think we need some photoshop magic, I want Frannys mug on Jaypos body, you know exactly the pic I’m talking about, headphones, on a board, in a little suit. I think that would just be the ultimate pcb

2 Likes

­­­

I just think a price more reflective of the initial/material costs seems smarter. $75 for a $400 pack is reasonable but a $75 deposit for an $800 pack doesn’t make much sense to me.

1 Like

Totally agree with Alex, especially if you are ordering the stock. However, @skyart $75 deposit and battery pics is what reeled me in to start. I’d totally prepay at this point, but was a big boost in my confidence of delivery with the small upfront.

Definitely some risk if they bail at the end, but as long as it isn’t a odd shape, could be passed on. Especially with a $75 discount.

8 Likes

yeah my thinking is kind of on the same page, small upfront, and if its not an odd battery will likely find a good home. That 40t pack is some of my best work for sure, going to find pics and add them to the thread. Super happy with how much use you are getting out of it!! and how much range! i have always strayed towards the bigger heavier packs, but now i really want a good old 12s4p, in a light nimble build.

2 Likes

Should we agree to say 20% consumable deposit with a minimum of $50 or something?

2 Likes

That sounds more fair to me - as long as it goes towards the price of the pack

1 Like

Yeah of course, so the buyer pays in 2 installments like the deposit as F&F and the main cost as G&S

2 Likes

i think i am going to stick to my $75, i am comfortable with that. and has been working for me and my customers pretty well, and yes the 75 ofc goes towards the packs price.

6 Likes

Have you done any batts for top mount emtb enclosures? For example I have a pelican 1200 case with 4 x 6s lipos, 5800mah, two parallel two series and somehow get absolute shit range. I’m running 9 in tires in rear so I know that’s hurting me but still feel like I should be able to ride longer than 30 or so before needing to charge.

1 Like

Dude top mount batteries are the easiest of all, you just make a brick of cells and pack them in…no fuckery with folds and flat packing or anything like that

4 Likes

I have not, well i have done one, but it was a long time ago and i just connected a bunch of small 10s2p packs in parallel. would definitely build you one, these are pretty easy to put together. Also yeah your low range is from the 11.6AH battery on 9" tires, you can fit a much bigger Li-ion pack into the pelicase

2 Likes

You can do 13x10 of 18650 but its tight…12s9p is an easy one to do
Maybe 12s8p 21700 with a stagger pack

2 Likes

No welder here, and feel like the NESE modules waste a lot of space… maybe not? Only thing is having enough room to fit in a bms, plus vertical clearance for loop key, push button, and a toggle switch for my headlight (I think this causes the biggest clearance issue).

I also have a panel mount xt90 In the front on my left wall going back towards my esc box and panel mount xt60 In the front on right wall for power to my headlight.

But yea I’m super interested / in need of more range however i can get it. I am also open to getting a larger case if needed (not much much larger) to accomplish this. Currently running a 12s Daly bms but also have several 12s d140’s in my collection as well.

Finally (sorry for long winded post) I just happen to nab one of the Stormcore 100Ds in stock, so I’m thinking a higher cell count battery would be more complementary to run with the Stormcore. Currently running on Trampa dual vesc6 mkiii, with TB 6380 170kv’s. Any suggestions on good combinations to run with the Stormcore? I’m aware I’ll probably need new motors to complement the battery upgrade.

2 Likes

Honestly the problem with higher voltage is you’ll need higher gearing to spread out the performance to the low band a bit. In your case I would start by getting the tallest gear ratio practical, maybe a 14/72 or 15/72.
Plug that into the calculator and then set the s count so you hit a decent top speed, maybe 60 kph ish.

4 Likes

LHB made a good post about this, recommending using existing motors at 14s, maybe 15s even, those TB motors might be able to handle it, had to say. As far as BMS i have some 14s and 15s smart bms landing next week. Personally i wouldn’t go over 15s on any of the common motors we use here, still waiting for an official HV motor to hit the market and get tested

3 Likes

Hey Skyart,

I’m in the process of specing out my first board, and I really admire the quality of your work. I’d like to have you build my battery!
I’m still finalizing the surrounding details of the build, but I wanted to get in touch with you now in order to get the conversation started. I’ll be doing a (12s 4p - p42A) pack and am currently debating between a couple deck/enclosure combos. Namely the Evo Spectrum 40″ SS Combo and Subsonic Century 40" SS Combo.
Let me know what your thoughts are.
I look forward to working with you!

Kind Regards,
Kolpek

3 Likes

I approve of @Skyart. He’s a great person and does honest work.
Pack building is intense work. We are lucky to have you do this!

2 Likes

Pmd

Thanks Oskar! Lol, il be by your place on Tuesday to drop of some of that nickel I have of yours :sunglasses:

1 Like