BarrelMakerOne - ChooChoo. Unity. 12s3p. TBDD. Haggys+BowerySurf+TB110

Already made the kydex one, but thanks I’ll keep the link for the future!

1 Like

Same on both trucks, but I’m not sure about the angles, probably 50? How can I measure that?

2 Likes

don’t the adj. baseplates have tell-tale witness lines?

With Bergmeister wheels and/or 6 inch tires are those 58 KV from @Esk8supply more suitable for going uphill than the 75 KV from @torqueboards in your opinion?

2 Likes

I think I rode them a total of 6-7 miles. I hit a few hills with them and they didn’t really care.

The 58kv that is.

The higher kv will burn up

just my personal opinion… but I wouldn’t buy the @Esk8supply, eLofty, @BOUNDMOTOR direct-drives unless you want to roll the dice and work on them a lot… buy @torqueboards direct-drive and get yourself some 110s from Dex…

EDIT:
read it and weep… this covers all the eLofty variants…

2 Likes

With 6 inch wheels?

If you use AT on any elofty style drives other than the 58KV drives you’ll burn them up. They can’t handle wheels that large and heavy. The 58KV’s didn’t seem to give a fuck about me riding them with haggys. Although I’m a scrawny fuck and weight about 125lbs. They seemed to be cool to the touch after about 4-5 miles of mostly flat terrain.

6 Likes

can confirm 125lbs = scrawny fuck

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t, mine are the Bowery Surf ones.

I have no regrets i bought the boundmotor ones for 150, that price fits nearly 5 times in the torqueboards one and even when i have to work on it i dont mind :p. Also my drives came with a set screw bored in the can so maybe that helps too.

5 Likes

Can you pop up a photo up of this?

2 Likes

Its in the lofty discussion

2 Likes

12 Likes

Uphill… It goes but is not funny. No much torque. Good if you want to go to the grocery, but not for a funny ride

I’ve only put a few miles on it, keep testing, but probably go for the TB110 setup…

4 Likes

What’s the maximum offroad incline in ° or % that you can go up at say 10-20 km/h?

1 Like

I’ll test this weekend :+1:

2 Likes

Do you get wheelbite? It looks like the front might if you turn too hard

No wheelbite at all :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Today I’ve tested on a slope…

After 500m on a 15% slope (around 8°) it goes to a full stop :man_facepalming:

I have to test this weekend riding the TB110.

Here’s the screenshot of the Focbox UI HUD, no errors showed.

4 Likes