Bafang 350W 26in hubs from Jag35 / Battery Clearing House

Just put the 2 hub only option in the cart. The shipping is only 3 dollars less… now i need to decide if i want the 2 igh wheels for 23 bucks more or not.

5 Likes

Do it pussy you know you want to

7 Likes

2 hub motors either makes a 2wd, single speed bike, or two halves of two bikes. The full set = 2, 3 speed ebikes.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I got this email regarding the hubs:

“ There was a bit of confusion at the start… The e-scooter guys liked the two sets of Befang Hubs… The E-bicycle guys liked the idea of getting all 4 wheels even though the electric motors are only on the front. I was confused because I had originally posted all 4 wheels as having electric motors.( which they do not )

To solve that challenge, we just put up two product listings.

• We have the option with all 4 wheels

• We have the other option with just 2 wheels

• If you love the order you have in… do nothing.

• If you want to switch, you are welcome to cancel the old order and get the other one.

• If you happen to want both options… you are welcome to order both. It is not a big deal.

This was just something fun to do. If you have other DIY friends that would be interested let them know. We are not concerned about how many people pick these up at this time.”

3 Likes

yeah I decided to keep my original order… though now I’m considering getting another set of just ehubs :yum:

3 Likes

30q testing so far…
green circled, good, 44-44.5g 3.66-3.68v
blue circled, good, 44-44.5g 3.70-3.75v
yellow circled, investigate, 46-48g 3.65-3.7v
2 cells low voltage, 3v and 3.44v

12 Likes

Can you just throw the front hub motor only on an existing bike and have a front wheel drive?

7 Likes

This is my understanding of proper usage of this motor

I’m not so sure about this. The motor is designed to be a front hub. I don’t think the wheel is set up to accept a cassette or a freewheel. Rear bike wheels have the hubs slightly offset away from the drive side to accommodate the sprockets. If you somehow manage to get a freewheel onto the hub, you would probably need to re-lace the wheel to align the chain/wheel …

of course, I’m happy to be wrong, I don’t think I’ve seen a 2wd ebike, that would be cool👍

if this is just single speed geared front hub, all you need is a battery, a cheap $15 ebay controller for an ebike, a throttle and a TORQUE ARM…and you’ll have an ebike for about $200

6 Likes

@iamasalmon is correct, front hubs only work on the front, and you’ll have to get one specifically for the rear if you want 2WD. They can easily be found on ebay though, I picked up some brand new eFlow nitro rear hubs for 150 a piece. Emphasis on the torque arm, without it you’ll break your face.

7 Likes

Thanks for the motivation. I ordered both. :grimacing:

I succomb to peer pressure pretty easy.

3 Likes

alrighty got through all 200 with preliminary tests
3 cells low voltage
11 cells questionable weight 46-48g
33 cells 3.7-3.76v
143 cells 44-45g 3.66-3.68v
I’ll be running the 3 low V and 11 with questionable weight through charge/discharge tests

11 Likes

Not these cells but are cells which are sent at 3.8v ok?

Thank you

theoretically yes 3.8v is fine
but that is higher than typical storage voltage

1 Like

What do you plan on using for the charge-discharge test? Do you have a rig for it or is it a spefici tool?

1 Like

I’ve got a dozen foxnovo 4 cell chargers/cap testers from my salvaged 18650 powerwall days.
I’m gonna do 2 charge/discharge cycles on that @ 1A
I also have an evpeak 4x6S 400watt charger that I can do higher discharge current on

7 Likes

unwrapped the 3 low V cells, one is showing some rust
rusty one is lowest 2.93v

@Guy746 any thoughts on this?

5 Likes

Oh snap! It’s on and poppin now! Don’t know exactly how I’m gonna use all this stuff, but one or two front wheels will be for my drift trike(s) and I guess the rear ones will send me down the mid drive e-bike rabbit hole in the future. The SPIM08 cells will probably end up being used partly for an eATsk8 battery and partly for a backup battery to run my fridge or freezer for a couple days when we have our now annual red flag fire warning blackouts. Any info on how best to connect and configure those SPIM08 cells would be appreciated. Thanks @Guy746 for the special wheel deal and for making all of these battery options available to us! :metal:t3:

1 Like

can anyone who received the e-bike hubs confirm the hub holes of the hub motors (I think 36 spoke) and the drop out spacing? I’ve read that the sturmey archer is 135mm thru the drop outs… but ya know…

why?

because fat tire bike…

3 Likes

I don’t think they are shipping until monday at least

Fat tire bikes have different axles yes
example

3 Likes

https://www.bafang-e.com/oem-area/components/component/motor/fm-g020250350d/

@b264 would appreciate that last one

2 Likes