AWD “Displacer” suspension board

I’m calling it now. This is the future of esk8.

1 Like

I didn’t want to be the one to say it but I think so too

5 Likes

Gotta make it up to the dam in Feb to hopefully see this in person

4 Likes

@Titoxd1000 congratulations on what you’ve done so far.

One question: What’s the ground clearance like where the shock and assembly are? Seems like it’s a bit low?

1 Like

This is one of the sickest boards out there, keep it up :metal:

5 Likes

There is about 2.5 inches of ground clearance on the pivot points, except the the front inner pivot point which is closer to 2 inches at sag height which is a bit low. I lowered that pivot point to test a more optimal axle path, which helped a bunch.
I’m not sure if v2 will have much better ground clearance as I’m trying to optimize for on road performance so there is some tradeoffs. Although since dialing in the suspension off-road has gotten pretty fun so might have to think about that more.

2 Likes

Thank you bro, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

You think these resist side to side deflection to be stable at high speed? 2 wheel vs 4 wheel maybe extra pivot bearings solve that if an issue.

Scooters have a built in housing that has the pivot bearings. I guess you’d need to make your own housing as part of the board design if you wanted to use those.

2 Likes

Can you post a close up roadside pic of the truck pivots and bushings?

looks like a 3d printed block combined with metal plate to support bearing loads. Guessing a 12x28 6001 bearing.

Thickness of your hanger/“bushing floor” looks about the same as other RKP. Just lacking stepped seats, with large bushings I am sure this is not an issue. Oh wait you just just add washers anyways.

2 Likes

The truck pivots are wfb bushings. When you have the two pivots you don’t need a bushing seat, just a floor like you mentioned.

1 Like

9 Likes

Based on my experience it 100% is. It changes things in more ways than you’d expect

I expect the unexpected.

1 Like