[AU][WIP][AUD][LINKS] Trampa Build & Parts List over 5k spent so far

im thinking about getting a custom grip tape job done on my deck but that means i need to do it myself or ship off my deck LOL plus i still need to clean the blood stain lol

1 Like

unfortunatly it doesnt even show up in the port sections this time

Recieved the 2 new fescs i paid to upgrade from the duel 6.6 i had which i had sent back and the slave side had died within a few days each. this time i had setup safe parameters 60 amp motors 15 amp battery and -7 bat took it out for a ride and got about 4 minutes in. same issue but this time on the master. i was actualyl on my way to the post office to pickup the St link i oprdered a few weeks ago. well the st link wont fix this problem as its not even detected. ( i checked the workign side and is detected as soon as i plug it in)

1 Like

Dont you think its time to give up on flipsky? I dont see why you keep buying them if they keep dying randomly :eyes:

Shit, 5k is at least two top tier builds :grimacing:

1 Like

i thought it might have been bad luck but im going to ask for a refund and send back the fescā€™s i have. since only 1 is currently working. not really sure which other brand to go with. i only went with them because of their high power ratings and had good reviews from everyone i spoke with. the Unity is never in stock so not sure which else to look at that is trusted.

1 Like

They do sell the Unity on Amazon, but I think its only USA for now :frowning:
Maybe a package forwarder is your best bet.

If youre looking for high power 6.0HW is your best bet so I would recommend ESCapes, VESC6s or one of the other derivatives that are not made by flipsky/wowgo/known-to-be-cheap-chinese manufacturers

I have two maytech 6.0 200a VESCs that arenā€™t being used, but I havenā€™t seen an issue with them that wasnā€™t obvious misuse :man_shrugging:

never heard of ESCapes is there a website link by any chance? i like the VESC 6 but they are jsut way to expensive around $700-$800 for 2 but at this point it would have been cheaperā€¦

1 Like

They were discontinued because Frank had to jam his trademark in Stewiis face, but some float around on the member to member market. Maybe put a thread up and see who bites, ive seen some chat about them in the last few days/week

i rather stick with new so that way if there is something wrong i can send it back like i have with flip sky. but i think ill steer clear from the chinese market. yet the WoWGo kit i have has been running strong and has not yet let me down. the power switch is a little faulty but thats just wear.

1 Like

this is how far i got tracked with my Metr Pro https://metr.at/r/AzxnT

What are peoples thoughts on maytec 6.0 they look sturdy but I havenā€™t seen much on them. I was thinking about checking them out since they are $60 off atm so I can save $120 USD on them which is pretty good saving.

1 Like

Iā€™m selling mine for 330 + shipping, they donā€™t work with the OSRR (the only remote I want for the build)

You could check with @mackann to see if he has any Unitys left

im actually considering just getting 2 vesc 6 from trampa i heard they were the best on the market but im on the fence between vesc 6 and the maytec 6.0

1 Like

I think they are both pretty solid options :+1:

1 Like

If you can afford / budget it, theres no better way than the trampa ones.

I have a Unity left here.

1 Like

Alright I might just save up and get the Trampa ones. They are insanely expensive but if they are the best and will stop having issues like I have had with the cheaper ones then I guess itā€™s worth it. Especially if I can get years out of them rather than daysā€¦ Or minutesā€¦ Do they ever go on sale? Would be nice if they did

Iā€™m steering clear from enertion. They donā€™t even honor their warranty. Donā€™t respond to peopleā€™s emails either unless itā€™s about purchasing a new product. Heard this way to much through the Facebook groups. I

2 Likes

If you donā€™t want it, no problem brotha. I only want to help.