[AU][WIP][AUD][LINKS] Trampa Build & Parts List over 5k spent so far

Yea u r rigjt, but I find this more convinient.

1 Like

i agree, having something on deck would be nice, though i eventually plan on getting a smart remote or finishing my firefly nano remote to use so i would rather have it in hand than on my deck so i dont have to look down while riding to see speed etc. i got used to holding my phone in my hand but this can be dangerous in a crash. basically bye bye phone so i want to avoid holding it in my hand as much as possible.

I never ride or drive with a phone in a hand. That is my rule to me.

1 Like

i dont drive with ym phone but riding i do. need GPS as im in a new city and still dont know where things are.

might look at making a mount for my phone or GPS on my board but that means i gota look down though

1 Like

hmm so i just got my refund back from flipsky, as they had recieved the 3 fesc’s i sent back a duel 6.6 and 2 single 6.6’s and just did the conversion from the upgrade i paid for the 2 singles $593. i shoulda just went with trampa in the end >.< $593 compared to the $800ish it woulda cost me for aparently rock solid vesc’s any ways they had it sent to their engineering team and aparently 2 of the vesc’s had burned chips, they didnt specify which ones. this is on one of the fesc that lasted about <5 minutes of riding literly got around the corner from my street. and the dule 6.6 had the same issue.

1 Like

So I ended up blowing 2 Trampa vescs. I think it’s time I take a look at the motor. Got some help from luke over on Facebook who helped me pry the motor sprocket off this morning took a few seconds and a blow torch. Was very thankful for the help as I live in an apartment and think its a little unfair if I light the place up. Was a nice ride 15km roughly in a round trip had to stop off at macas on the way back as I had flashing last bar on my board. Charged up and now about to go on my first group ride.

1 Like

nah its like 1 top tier board its in AUD, the conversion for 3.5k USD to AUD… drum role please…

Kind of the reason why i went DIY, it should have been cheaper… but ya know… lots of shit goes wrong and you learn a really really really really really really really really really really really really hard lesson

1 Like

Today’s a good day. Lots of different esk8 adventures. Rode out on a 15k round trip this morning and got some help from a member on Facebook to remove a motor sprocket so I can replace it and get this board up and running properly. Did my first group ride with a couple guys around Adelaide and had a blast. I only made it out on half charge and my board died on the way back. Luckily their were some renta scooters so I got home in the end. Carrying a board on a scooter is not fun BTW. Also finished building my battery got a new bms in last week and everything seems fine. I wired it up correctly this time and plugged in the charger. Started charging first shot which is fantastic. About time something started to go right?!

Not very clean but I leave for Melbourne Tuesday and was hoping to finish up this build next week when I get back. Still got to sort out esc’s again and a new motor. Yay.

3 Likes

The balance wire spaghetti makes my eyes hurt. Please don’t ride with it like this for long, otherwise it’s a fire waiting to happen.

dont plan on riding it at all like this. i onyl taped it up like this to test charging it. its still sitting on my desk so dont stress. ill be posting further shots of it actually "Finished and seated in the enclosure when i get around to it sometimes next week

1 Like

No worries mate, just looking out for ya.

1 Like

Much appre iated. I’ll do an update on it next week when I’m back home and give us some feedback please =)

good info. I plan to attempt a N.E.S.E 12s7p build this spring. curious…how do you attach the ring terminals to the wires? crimp or solder…

1 Like

They are crimped. I bought 2 different crimping tools for the battery

1 Like

thx bruh… i think i’m gonna order my 7p modules this weekend.

1 Like

well today was officially the first test ride after getting a new trampa vesc in (my other one is still out for repairs if it can be fixed, will keep that vesc 6 as a spare or use it in a future build i guess) have issues with METR PRO no longer working in my build. most likely due to the latest firmware from vesc tool and the MK3 vesc assuming. so far this thing is a bloody beast. with the duel bus bars the battery doesnt even get warm its as cold as it was whe ni first started the ride. did a 43 min ride and took a break to let the motors cool down as they were feelign a bit hot did about 15.7km in total distance and used bugger all battery. will be doing a 20km round trip tomorrow.

Battery specs are 12s7p 30Q cells. expected 50km range
running 6.25 gearing ratio with Helical gears from ETOXX these are dead silent. the motors make more noise than the drive chain and most people dont hear me coming down the side walk if im doing about 17km/h

love the brakes on this thing. saved an old lady on my way back home. she was walking towards the shops then changed her mind and decided to walk back to the bench ultimatly cutting me off. skidded to a beutiful stop. if i was on my wowgo i would have plowed right throug her.

brakes are setup at -60 with smart reverse and dam is it useful especially when strapped in.

i climed a huge ass grass hill where i thought i was not going to make it at all. board plowed right up it never even hit full throttle. best thing i have built so far i would have to say.

additions to add in the future.
Battery meter voltage meter
LED Lighting
5V buck converter.

my lazy ass just needs to connect all these up and figure out where the hell they are going to fit in this build. it looks liek i got a lot of room but boy i do not. cable management is a huge mess considering the vesc enclsoure takes up almost my entire back side of the board so i got to figure out what to do here.

3 Likes

TTL and Davega X

Finally got this thing over and done with. wouldnt mind upgrading battery in the future to lipos for more power at the moment running 60a motors since battery can only handle 120a max started with about 75% battery for the night and did about 20.14km i noticed the wand doesnt record distance if you dont have the throttle down. i did a lot of coasting since the city im in has some ups and downs. on average 19wh havent gone top speed yet since its 10.30pm here and i started the ride around 9pm so was already dark. fastest i went was 40kmh with plenty of room to push on the throttle. cant wait to take this on a nice cruise.

3 Likes

Thought I would update the build thread a bit. Ended up replacing motors with TB 170kv motors and went with duel trampa vesc mk3. I was running a loop key for a while since the smart anti spark flipsky switch kept blowing. Decided to try one last time and ordered a non smart switch and hBe been using if for a few months and have had no issues with it. Ide suggest staying away from smart switches they suck are and flipsky don’t even sell them any more they are that bad.

I swapped the 30Q 12s7p pack out for 2 6s 2wAH lipos running in series they fit in the peli 1200 case nice and snug.

Decided to bolt the enclosure to the deck so no more tape or straps.

Have the wielding loom setup and ready to plug in for when my buck converters arrive for the under board LEDS.

Replaced the throttle in the wand remote and it no longer gets stuck at 100% throttle.

Now I’m looking at changing the etoxx gears to a 1:4 ratio belts for more speed as I’m getting a bit sick of the 42kmh top speed