ATSA Esk8 Everyday Carry Backpack

Thanks! Have included price in my original post.

2 Likes

No worries, please include the price in the original post as well.

Whats the max weight that you’ve comfortably carried for a 40" longboard?

1 Like

Why isn’t there a single picture of an esk8 inside the backpack, in the back of someone (Or I missed it but I really looked for). I find it hard to buy a product designed for something you don’t even show us is possible to do…

1 Like

@slak I was literally about to write that.
@tomasulu welcome. You say your bag has many carrying spaces. Show us a picture of someone hauling it with everyone of those spaces being used? I wanna see how a backpack with no waist strap holds up if I put my trampa, full-face, gloves, kneepads, water bottle, acer laptop, riding tools, camera gear and quick repair spares. Not sure your EDC can actually carry my edc

Not to mention that on long rides, I carry my 8a charger, laptop charger and powerbanks

1 Like

I see you’re a man of culture!
Personally using ThinkPad W530 (W series got replaced by P series)

2 Likes

We are trying to take some nicer pictures and it’s a little difficult during this lockdown period. Be patient with us more pics and vids are definitely coming. In the meantime here are some interior pics and one with a backfire ranger x1 being carried.

4 Likes

Hey Flasher, we are working on a vid/stop motion to show how we’d fit some of those things you mentioned into our backpack. Many of those things will fit, the helmet will be attached on the exterior of the bag. The backpack will be really heavy with a trampa, laptop, charger… though.

No offense, but other than straps for my remotes etc. This offers no real advantage over my standard backpack. Just speaking for myself, but I see no need in spending over $100 for anotger backpack :sweat_smile:

Psst, It’s not another back pack @Niklas, it’s for carrying eskates like Alterbags do. I have a maxi from Alterbags which is great but could use a bit more storage space so I jumped this train here too.

4 Likes

Hi guys, more pics and vids of the backpack as promised:

Thanks for those who ordered, we appreciate your support!

Some pics can’t seem to be uploaded… check out the rest of the pics here:

Uploading: 034E0705-E279-4626-B6C9-E3A22D83E74F.png… Uploading: 136C68B6-079D-4F07-BFFD-E2A82661FEDA.jpeg… Uploading: 5FD17DF4-D687-4A5B-AF6B-FCA04A7B376F.png… Uploading: 06069EB2-3DD7-4214-8924-DDB758EADB98.jpeg… Uploading: B0CA57CC-CA62-4EC0-B46B-163B6EA8F91B.png…

4 Likes

This is a giant red flag

If you believed in your product, you’d be willing to take the risk instead of forcing the risk onto the customer like enertion-economics. You pushing the risk onto the consumer instead of yourself, tells me that if you’re not even willing to pay up front, then why the heck should we be willing to if not even you believe in your ability to deliver a high-quality and desirable product?

Put your big boy pants on, make a high quality product, THEN sell it.

3 Likes

We have worked on this project for more than 18 months. And we are doing the preorder only after we have finalised everything. We have paid upfront and production has started.

This is not our first time doing this, we are the same team behind superow.com - we sell a popular backpack for the Onewheel. The preorder is a way for us to get the word out and our customers get a special price for supporting us early.

That said, I understand the skepticism and why it’s so in the Esk8 world. Happy for folks to hold their horses and wait a couple of months.

2 Likes

Ooh, I love those buckles! My belt has one, it’s really convenient! (except when it puts my laptop to sleep when I have it on my lap, but hey, it saves you valuable seconds every time you pee! :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Half of the pictures didn’t upload again.
They are probably the same as on the website, but just wanted to point it out.

I checked and the website is fine… I tried uploading a few times here not sure what the problem is. Some of the pics just won’t upload.

Haha love those magnetic clasps. There are magnets everywhere in the backpack. Last count we used more than 10 hehe

No hip straps? Why not?

We designed it for a Everyday carry backpack, with or without a board. Most people think a hip or waist strap is too much.

Might be a limitation of pictures you can upload in one post.

1 Like