Atomx sk8 massive DD

Have you seen what the Stooge shared lately?

How about this thing. A massive 38hp AWD 80mm motors fuckery, ready to snap with the race wheels. I’m done. :exploding_head::fire::checkered_flag:

23 Likes

That’s it, I’m selling everything I own and starting over FML :joy:

4 Likes

Man same! :joy: This board turns the road into consumable! One pass only!

3 Likes

I bet that’s fucking awful to turn under any torque.

4 Likes

It’ll turn your corners into straight lines don’t worry!

6 Likes

This will bend time and space

6 Likes

The thing with this is they haven’t said what KV the Motors are. I asked and they basically said “why does it matter with this much power” which in my mind translates to “we can’t get it low enough so we’re compensating with more motor current”.

They might have a huge top speed but I expect they don’t have massive torque more than a standard setup. If they did then why would they need 4wd?

Also what battery are they using that can deliver 28kw?

6 Likes

Genuine and relevant questions, I hope that the answers won’t be disappointing! Basically they’d need a 13s 600amps at least to feed 28kw. If the battery can’t take it, it will be way less… And I’m curious to know the controllers to handle 13s200amps continuously per wheel.

3 Likes

Try 38hp, that’s what 28kW translates to.

2 Likes

All one off motors. I believe his plan is to take these to market. If you have more than you can sensibly use, nothing gets hot. Could be the next solution for DD.

9 Likes

From this photo, we can see that it uses Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6, which is rated for 12S 200A. The batteries are pouch Lipos, so it might actually get close to the required rating if they are decent cells

5 Likes

The VESC firmware can’t even measure more than 190A, even then, you’ll get constant overcurrent faults at anything above 100A motor settings.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea… 80mm! CANS! sweet!

I really wonder if they do get hot… Would be perfect for AT Tires.

9 Likes

Idk, but I don´t have this issue with motor max at 120A, but I also don´t use a Flipsky dual.

1 Like

I‘m not a dd expert but you can get 80xxx motors with 50kV easy.

6 Likes

Maybe they’re just adding up numbers from the motor spec sheets.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re running more P groups with high C high Ah LiPo’s.

1 Like

To be fair 50kv would put you in the right ball park.

Low KV motors usually have higher resistance so suffer from heat problems but maybe this is negated by running them well under their rated power.

Additionally lower KV should be more efficient, plus direct drive could make this an efficient drive train

2 Likes

More intrested in what ESCs they’re using. For obvious reasons I’m guessing they’re passed 12S on those motors instead of pushing ridonk amounts of current.

*Edit actually says 12s lipo in pic desc… this build needs 4x 75/300 vescs :laughing:

2 Likes

Is this the motor they used?
First time seeing a motor with a through shaft…
Wouldn’t it be fairly easy to make a DD out of a pair of these motors with a custom CNC’d truck with the axle profile?