Atomx sk8 massive DD

Idk which motor they used, but the shaft on both sides is normal for 80xxx motors.

2 Likes

I’m planning on protyping some. Those are huge lol.

I’m curious if heat is much better.

Should be able to have a thicker stator axle too.

2 Likes

How are your current DD’s with pneumatics?
These 80100 motors should handle nummies no problem at all with dual motor setup

@murdomeek So far so good. You do feel the lack of torque a bit but they still ride good. I need to ride it a bit more though and tweak the settings. Haven’t had the chance to yet. Also testing a longer stator soon. Curious to test out an 80mm. More then enough room with AT Tires.

3 Likes

I can’t say how they would run as DD, but with a normal chain/belt/gears setup they run even a bit more hot compared with 63xx motors, plus less free roll.

2 Likes

@Andy87 True. Plus the weight would be horrible but… worth it for science!

2 Likes

Sure, definitely give it a go!

Why would a bigger motor run more hot compared to a smaller motor? (Assuming they same current draw/hill/riding style)

I‘m not an engineer, can’t tell you why, just that it is like this from own experience.
Could do some metr logs, maybe because of higher current draw. Never looked into it as it’s not that much that it would cause problems.

1 Like

My guess is : despite the big size they use lot of small multi stands to achieve 50kv… Which if too thin results in a lot more heat per wire.

Not everybody uses 18awg or thicker :fire:

2 Likes

51mph on 35% slope w/ 4 motors, 91kv, 120mm tire, 46v, 60a battery limit per motor, 1:1 ratio:

1 Like

for a particular winding style and motor construction, kv is determined exclusively by the number of turns, and is unaffected by the thickness of the wire or the number of strands. using thicker wire for a given number of turns doesn’t change the kv but does decrease the resistance which reduces heating for a given amount of motor current. using more turns of thinner wire decreases the kv, which increases the resistance and heating, increases the torque per amp, and decreases the no load rpm per volt.

2 Likes

Yes, what I meant is : it is easier to make lower Kv by using thin multiple wires to raise turn count

That’s what E-Max did for my tiny 85kv motors

We have updated our website, you will find more information.

To answer a few of your questions the battery is a 10Ah 120C and we put 2 Direct-Drive because it’s cooler but only one would have been enough. We had previously mounted TRAMPA gummies 125mm but the 4 wheels skidded. So we decided to ride the Race Wheels of Moe Stooge and now no more grip problems, the skate is stuck to the road.

14 Likes

Looks good. I would try that.

2 Likes

I’m interested. Not gonna lie I tried to buy with paypal for 0.00 even though it said exhausted haha

1 Like

damn ya’ll a prebuild that kills all DIYs

3 Likes

This is insane…

5 Likes

What I like about AtomX. They say by doing.

9 Likes

The AtomX site is down, too bad. Are they still active?