AT Wheels Balancing Guide

If i look on its side, it goes up and down. If i look at the top i see the same up and down movement + the tire wobbles left and right. It was way wore earlier but i disassembled it and remounted it, made it a bit better.

2 Likes

If you take the tire/tube off, does the rim wobble too?

2 Likes

Havenā€™t tried to be honest. I know the part where the bearings sits is wobbling a bit but the rest seems normal.

2 Likes

Had these humming a 9% grade yesterday at 50mph. No vibration, super smooth. Would chatter your teeth before at 30. Velcro weights for the win :checkered_flag:

19 Likes

Man, I am having a hell of a time getting these Haggy wheels right. It seems the 5g weights are either just a little too much or a little not enough. Got any tips or tricks @avX?

I ended up cutting one in half with a Dremel and that got the pendelum motion greatly reduced, almost non existent. Gonna test ride tomorrow to see what effect it has had. Only did the two front wheels so far. Burned a couple hoursā€¦

2 Likes

Yup, cut them or use Sugru to make up the difference.

1 Like

@xsynatic this looks like your rim is wobbling too. Is this the same on all 4 axles?

1 Like

I had really good luck with slime in my tires helping with balance.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how much goes into each tyre? 8inch Mbs wheels

I can only find specs for car wheels

These only go inside a tubeless tire. Iā€™m not aware of any skate pnummie that doesnā€™t have tubes.
Use slime inside the tube for the same balancing effect.

2 Likes

ahh aids i thought you could put these inside the tubes >.<

@Krazor A few people on builders have done it and it seems to work, but you may have to experiment with how much to add. Just have to remove the valve core to install.

just about to order some bushings and bearings to replace the ones i have and also a spare spring adjuster as 1 i got from the factory was installed faulty. I cant tighten the spring at all so its very loose on the back. this could also be part of the issue. i did add some in they are difficult to put in the tubes it seemed to help a bit i was able to get another 5kmh without loosing control so i think if i add soem weights and fix the other issues i should be fine.

I used black Milliput epoxy putty on my MBS Rockstar IIā€™s and it worked like a charm. You can mould and texture it so that it blends right in. You just need to be careful not to cover the split between the hubs :relaxed:

https://www.milliput.com/products.html

2 Likes

Do the beads make any excess sound when theyā€™re in the tire? I guess it doesnā€™t matter really since our boards are noisy anyway, but just curios about free rolling.

Also, I found this video helpful in understanding the physics of how those beads even work:

Link to UK supplier just for myself in the future:
www.dynabeads.co.uk/index.php

1 Like

I used two 5g weights per Berg in an approximate triangle configuration with the valve stem. Took quite a bit of experimentation to find the right location for each weight and it varied by tire, but they balanced perfectly.

5 Likes

Currently balancing my mbs rockstar pros. Damn, one hub needed 1x 5g weight, the other one 5x 5g.

3 Likes

Did it to the lacroix today, takes a lotta time buy worth it. Thanks @KfromtheBay for the weights. And @avX for the walkthrough.

5 Likes

Dude they are ugly as shit but the proto was fucking gliding today! Canā€™t advocate balancing enough now :metal:

5 Likes

@Kellag you can probably rotate your tire 180 where the heavy spot is opposite your valve stem and could possibly lose a few of those weights.

3 Likes