Ask for recommendations Thread

Can’t decide on something? Get some recommendations.

3 Likes

I’ll start.

I really need a new Chair for my Desk. Should withstand long sitting sessions.

1 Like

Great adjustability and back support. Can try it out in store before buying. (It used to cost 1/2 of what it does now :rage: ) I can both extend my legs and slouch in it, or sit super upright and proper in it. And best of all – the mesh back and fabric bottom means no butt-sweat :partying_face:

I also modified the wheels on mine with an exacto knife to spin more freely.

Obviously Herman Miller chairs will be more comfortable, but they also cost astronomical amounts

2 Likes

get a standing desk

nobody said the suggestions had to be good

1 Like

Do NOT buy a gaming chair. Buy a proper office chair instead that offers adjustments everywhere (lumbar, height, arm rests, back rest angle, etcs…)

1 Like

Not sure if i want an Ikea chair again. My current one is called…Markus? Piece of shit chair. Keeps on making loud popping noises, wobbles, cushion sucks.

Definitely not.

Yes but whiccccch one

Buy a used herman miller aeron, the remastered is better but if you want to spend less a classic is great too.

1 Like

I told you not to poop through the fabric mesh.

I went through an extremely long process of buying a desk chair last year and I bought and returned/resold a couple. The biggest thing with desk chairs is price, if you have infinite money my favorite I sat in for just sitting upright in perfect posture was a steelcase gesture with a headrest. I hated the Aeron, I had it for like 2 weeks and couldn’t get comfortable. I didn’t really like the ikea chair either. I was set on a more ergo chair but in the end, I went with a secret lab titan in black cloth, the other chairs were great for sitting at an office and doing actual work but on my computer at home I basically just watch youtube, scroll forums, and play COD. I usually sit like this in my chair super reclined and leaning back and because all those office chairs are aimed at ergo and can’t act like a recliner, the secret lab has adjustable lumbar, adjustable armrests, and a very firm bottom cushion so it’s like a hybrid ergo/“gaming” chair, none of the stupid racecar side bolsters of a gaming chair though.

None of this is to say that the Titan is great, It hasn’t broken down at all, I’ve had it for a year and there isn’t even a butt print in the foam, but I only because I have a certain use case, I’m just saying don’t take advice from the internet on what chair you should get, or if you do make sure you sit in it in person. Everyone has a different body style, the Areon is treated like a gift from god by most reviewers but I hated it.

2 Likes

Is this a new form of waffle stomping?

3 Likes

Germans. :person_shrugging:

(Waffle Stomp is one of my favourite phrases ever.)

1 Like

I probably learned it from you

1 Like

I just get on facebook marketplace and find the nearest office chair going for free. Guarantee you’ll find something within 5km.

Anybody have a motorcycle helmet brake light they can recommend?

Best office chair is oak. Those soft chairs are for the weak.

2 Likes

Good info, 19th century Amish tradesman.

2 Likes

Even has the flatulence dissipater!

I actually have some similar to those in the barn, wanna come over?

A used herman miller/steelcase definitely is the way to go if you can find one for a reasonable price. Offices periodically unload them for fairly cheap. I shopped around for a while and found a good deal, probably won’t have to buy chair ever again.

1 Like

I’m listening