Are zealous bearings better than bones reds?

I had to order new trucks as the ones i had just wouldnt fit on my new build. I got trucks with an 8mm axle and i was wondering if zealous is better than bones reds and is worth the 25$? I ask this because when i used to have trucks with 8mm axles i would ALWAY get bones reds but recent digging into the forum i see a lot of people recommending zealous bearings. Thanks for your guy’s time

2 Likes

I switched from reds to zealous because the reds rusted on me due to not being sealed on both sides. The zealous are fully sealed, work just as great and have a built in spacer.

7 Likes

Ill definitely have to get them then! Thank you for your story! I didnt know they were fully sealed thats amazing to know as the roads i ride on are dirty as heck

1 Like

They aren’t the same bearing.

Bones Reds are a standard 608 bearing sealed on one side.

Zealous are a custom 22mm OD x 8mm ID bearing with an extended inner race and sealed on both sides.

So whichever of these you need, they are different products. It’s like asking if a BrandA socket head bolt is better than a BrandB drywall screw. It totally depends whether you need a socket head bolt, or a drywall screw.

3 Likes

I swear this forum is your home at this point🤣 but thats a great way of putting it

3 Likes

Aren’t Zealous only $16 for 8? I remember them being cheaper than most other skate oriented bearings.

2 Likes

They are both good bearings. Wouldn’t say one is better than the other.

Stay away from zealous if you have wheels with metal cores. They will be next to impossible to remove if you ever need to replace bearings.

1 Like

Nope. 25$ for 8. They used to be that cheap tho

For whatever reason they had a HUGE markup this month. Heres a chart pf their price history. Around a 56% markup this month

1 Like

Still 16 bucks at muir.

I think my wowgo 2s came with zealous 6 years ago and I was very impressed and it’s all I have used since.

I have never cleaned any.
I just replace from time to time.

7 Likes

They’re still 16$ at most places but Amazon.

Im sure tou can cancel out Amazon’s free shipping if ya buy a couple/few sets

Edit: damn, @rafaelinmissouri is quick!

4 Likes

I tried searching for these but kept getting the huge 26$ price, muirskate never showed up! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Holy cow youre fast! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

$15.99 plus $4.90 shipping (for me), so still $20.89 for one set it’s just that Amazon typically bundles the shipping price into the item

Its surprisingly 5.79$ cheaper than amazon if i get it through them (muriskate) although i would get them faster with amazon since theres a nearby warehouse. But i need 2 packs as my wheels take 2 bearings and the gear for the belt takes 2 bearings as well. So in total i need 16

1 Like

Just adding to what youre saying btw

You had better make sure about this, because typically those just use regular bearings and not ones with abnormally shaped inner races (bearings with builtin spacers).

1 Like

These guys. i was wrong i need 12 not 16 i only need 8 in total for the back 2 and 4 in total for the front 2

Those look like 608-2RS (wheels) and 6900-2RS (pulleys) bearings. Not Bones Red (608-RS) and not Zealous (custom, w builtin spacers).

1 Like

I didnt have any bearings i bought these from another guy on here so i couldnt tell ya, and flipsky sells completely different bearings on their site than whats originally supplied with the wheels. No info about the bearings used in the wheels

1 Like