Are zealous bearings better than bones reds?

1 thing i hate about flipsky is their lack of a detailed explanation of their products

Simplified version:

Customer: “hey what are you using for so and so in your product?”

Flipsky: “:man_shrugging:

(This was an actual conversation i had btw. Had an esc that burnt out and i asked why it may have happened and what i can replace to fix it and they had no clue)

I swear by zealous and only use these. The nano ceramic grease they use is high quality stuff and they don’t wash out easily.

They’re stupid cheap for the quality and performance.

2 Likes

Also to add, im looking for different bearings not similar ones

1 Like

I’ve only used Zealous on plastic cores, they’re a pain to get out. Does anyone know if these pullers work on them? Doesn’t look like there’s enough room for it to lock in

1 Like

I just use a wooden stick and smack the bearings out💀 thats gunna anger a lot of people here but HEY i do it on the outter metal so im not really harming anything

for esk8… zealous all the way. I used bones reds for a long time. they wear out faster in my opinion and spend more time feeling gritty during their usable lifespan. I’ve disintegrated several sets of reds and have yet to do that with zealous bearings. zealous have just been way better for me.

6 Likes

“reds get you started, zealous keep you going”
At least that’s what the local skaters say, and having skated for just under 10 years I’m inclined to agree.

4 Likes

I definitely haven’t been in the sport anywhere near as long, but I haven’t been able to justify buying anything other than Zealous for 22mm bore wheels the whole time

3 Likes

For clarification, I’ve been specifically longboarding since 2014, and only gotten into esk8 about a year ago but, point being, zealous all the way.

1 Like

I saw nice technical comparison of sk8 bearing and Reds was not a winner. If Iam remember correctly they was somewhere in the middle of chart. Reds have very good marketing. For clasic Skate You will newer see the difference. But on Eskate You will. I must search again this video. Anyway also guys in longboard shop recomended me for eskate Zealoas and they are best bearings ever had. Realy recommend

I will send you the bones one for just the cost of shipping if you want one. Not used.

1 Like

awww thanks, but no need. In 30 years of skating I’ve never needed anything other than a screwdriver or truck axle to remove bearings. Just wondering if they would work on Zealous sine the “spacer” doesn’t move out of the way

It kind of does it’s just much more annoying

1 Like

I’ve found a lower abec rating generally performs really well on esk8 hubs. High Abec rating generally has better freeroll and speed but I also find them more fragile. Abec 1 doesn’t freeroll as good but they last a lot longer for me personally then other Abec ratings I’ve tried…also don’t get ceramics lol :laughing: not sure if this is anyone else’s experience but mine were ruined after the first ride… It’s very rare that I have to change my bearings, this is part of the reason I now stock them. NSK 608DU C3…shameless plug incoming

100% agree. ceramics don’t do well on esk8, will never use again.

3 Likes

I take it you had a fun experience with them before?

I will third this.

I tried them. You don’t need to.

1 Like

I never thought anybody would want to use ceramics on an esk8. Just the word “ceramic” in the title turns me away

1 Like

You know for science…we had to try :neutral_face: RIP ~50USAmericanDollars

2 Likes

Fair point