Are you a top speed guy or an acceleration guy?

Voted acceleration, but also more of a range guy, the board has to last a few hours riding

The city is quite small here, if I go fast I run out of places to ride

4 Likes

New poll: range, torque, or speed

Edit: too lazy to make the poll right now.

• Range
  • Torque
  • Speed

0 voters

1 Like

What about weight? Probably the most important thing for people that are jumping their boards.

1 Like

Most people aren’t about that life, but what do i know.

Wheres the I want it all button

And I also want my carves, I want it all, supercarves FTW

3 Likes

thanks, your evo is 13s correct?

1 Like

Haha yes, range is important but if I understand it correctly, range is directly impacted by the amount of batteries you have on the board, so more battery = more range :+1:

But not quite the case with the top speed and acceleration as they are impacted by the gear ratio as well :slight_smile:

But you have a point on range tho, don’t get me wrong :wink:

Agree on this :slight_smile:

I’ve experienced that as my gear ratio is stuck at 38kph now so my weighted top speed is only 35kph±

It would be a bit boring if you’re constantly stuck at that speed but due to my commute nature, I rarely hit 25 kph safely so yea there’s that :smiley:

Haha! Then i guess you’re the type that don’t really bother about going really really fast but just good enough to feel great while riding :+1: very good mindset imho :smiley:

2 Likes

How does one consider their setup to be focused on top speed or torque. I know going lower adds to more torque. But lower than what? Is there a median in this kind of thing? For example I’m using dual 190kv/2.93 ratio/7"tires. How do I know if I went for torque or top speed? I feel like I have both

Tune your ride to where you ride. Period. Tune it to how you ride and how you prefer to ride not because so and so has a 40mph build and thats me. Find your riding sweet spot and tune your board accordingly. Its not a dick wagging contest. I myself have a huge dick but gear my boards down now for acceleration up hill and if I want speed I flat out back down those hills because trust me when I say this hard acceleration up hill is far more satisfying than on a flat.

Feel the power. The ultimate cosmic power.

7 Likes

Going super duper fast is tight (35+ mph), but nothing feels cooler for me than going PRETTY fast (25 MPH) and pulling the trigger and discovering HOLY SHIT THERE’S ALOT OF JUICE LEFT IN THERE

5 Likes

For me has to be faster than production board so over 22MPH

So I aim for top speed 22-25MPH 35-40kmh witch is not fast for DIY Then pile the rest in to tork when you pull of next to a production board that fast thay don’t even bother to keep up or you can taunt them by matching there speed and when thay tuck just use the rest of the trigger and do a slow wave.

Single 10s 190kv 12/36 gears on 80mm wheels had a lack of tork and slow. And almost no brakes. The brakes and acceleration bothered me most in that order and I couldn’t gear it any lower so was compulsory to make it dule 2days later guessing I’m in the tork group

1 Like

Acceleration for me as I primary drive in the city.

At the moment I have only 6S esk8 which has top speed 25kpm / 15mph, but when riding on (wider) sidewalks or bike paths, I often time don’t go full speed even with this slow board, because I don’t want to crash into people around. On the other hand, when overcoming cyclist, I need to slow down first to wait when I can over take them, then I need to accelerate fast to spend least amount of time in opposite lane. Same thing when stopping and going on intersections.

2 Likes

I simply have no where that I can ride 40mph without being a nuisance to the public

3 Likes

Is that because you’re brown?

3 Likes

I wear white face when I go outside

6 Likes

I’m out, this has gone too far too quickly

5 Likes

Obviously an acceleration guy

3 Likes

Daily commute 15mph to 20mph max because human error always lingering. I want to save my face, skin and bones.

2 Likes

I have a top speed of 22mph and I never hit it rn because I do lots of stop and go on campus, the starting and stopping power is where it’s at (I run motor currents at max for the motors for both acceleration and breaks…maxing the brakes tosses me unless I lean way back)