Are these wheels any good?

Yeah and Sealed bearing add to longevity of the bearing so therefore Sealed Bearing>Shielded bearing+ An addition of a thicker grease and youve got a bulletproof bearing.

1 Like

I won’t use Zealous, because they aren’t metric 608 bearings, they have weird sized inner races.

I have tried non-zealous ceramics though, and while they last longer, the failure mode is far worse. I prefer a gradual failure of steel bearings over a catastrophic instantaneous failure of ceramic ones.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with having built-in spacers and washers?

1 Like

They’re fine for analog skates but I only want to stock 608, not “608 and some other non-standard size”, because I still need 608 for pulleys and stuff and I still need used 608 inner races for spacers and stuff.

It’s like asking a carpenter why he doesn’t want a hammer that can only pound one kind of nail in. Obviously he wants the hammer that can do all nails. As DIY builders, we are the carpenters. Not the guy assembling Meepos on an assembly line.

You also have a lot more options and can adjust things a lot more with 608 bearings and spacers than you can when the spacers are pre-set and not adjustable.

Try to perfectly align belts when you can’t modify your spacers…

3 Likes

Carpenters do keep different hammers for different nails though.

5 Likes

If it’s anything to note, I have applied these CAL 7 97mm wheels to a normal longboard. My verdict: cheap as chips, smooth as lube, hard and bouncy, smells like cheap nasty ash laden chemicals like smokers’ afterparties. Happy with the free bearings provided thus far. The wheel bite though during carves is dodgy as death itself. Need to re-think these types of wheels when applied to drop-thrus or get wider trucks (which makes the thing look stupid). Waxing the sides ain’t helping much.

3 Likes

Honestly I keep wishing someone would make a pulley that uses a bearing with a built-in spacer to ensure proper distance between wheel bearing and pulley bearings.

3 Likes

I ran those wheels for a while and my friend runs them on an eskate…they are what you pay for, at $25 shipped with bearings for ABEC clones they are not awful. As an analog they were hard but still very useable

3 Likes

The 100mm versions are now available

Link please :grin:

Hyperdrive purple or black

$120

Although the torquboards version is about $20 less but only in black.

$95

2 Likes

Thanks. I was hoping for the @topcloud 's deal to be honest.

2 Likes

What price was that supposed to be? $50ish?

1 Like

Yep that was the idea. Totally understandable that can not be applicable to sellers

Feb is running out… looking like another month of no community wheels or new boas :disappointed:

I wish bustin would email me back about their 100mm round boys…

4 Likes

I mean idk I kind of want my wheels to smell like that … totally. lmao

My sister’s board has wheels that smell like actual grass so idk man the chinese urethane is weird

2 Likes

You can’t use their 100mms?

What’s the news about this? Cancelled?

1 Like

no idea, maybe @topcloud can give us an update if the project is still going somewhere.

2 Likes

Does anyone know a 80mm 85A-90A wheel with Kegel or ABEC core? Can just finde 80mm 83A Kegels or 85A 83mm SR.

1 Like